Coolest stand I have ever seen

GoGoStand

Reaction score
I just bought mine and alerted the guy that I started this thread here, I think he made a little coin off of us! That's good news, I invited him to come say hello.

I liked the blue as well, but come on, how could you not go with the gold? it matches the Droid accents perfectly. I normally would NEVER buy a gold one, but it's too perfect for the Droid

@romeov: Thanks for the invitation! I had been lurking ever since yesterday and watching all the comments, but didn't know if I would be outta line if I stepped in and started milling about. Oh, and your $1000 bribe check is in the mail (kidding!). I do appreciate all the traffic this has generated. The Droid community is a force to be reckoned with!

Let me see if I can weigh in on some comments...
#1. GoGoStand vs. Multimedia dock.
The Motorola Droid multimedia dock is COOL. Charging plus nightstand mode? You can't go wrong! You don't need to have your phone hooked up to a Bose system just to tell you the time and when to wake up. My opinion on the multimedia dock: awesome sauce. So how would GoGoStand fit into the picture? Well, GoGoStand is something I leave on the kitchen bar counter so my iPhone (sorry, outsider here, but hey, to each his own, right?) has a place to sit where I can glance at it from across the room (small apartment) for alerts. I have another one right beside it for the missus' phone. I keep another one at work too. Just like knowing my phone has a place to sit whenever I'm not out and about. Another stand in the wallet is good to have around for showing baby movies to our 11 month old when we're out at dinner we can scarf down our food. Real quickly. As in: "No talking; eat; We got 20 minutes starting... now."

#2. I'm gonna be a millionaire from this idea.
Well, here's to hoping! But right now? FAR from it. I'm in debt up to my pits. The special male/female die I had made cost more than what my CAR is currently worth. As far as profit per stand, right now, I'm still trying to climb into the positive dollar amounts, I need to sell a lot more before that happens. So, taking into consideration the high startup costs of manufacturing (first time doing this), my cost per stand isn't a quarter a piece. Right now it's more effectively like $4 a piece until I can pay off my startup bills. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining! Just telling it like it is.

#3 Can't charge the Droid while in landscape mode.
That's right; you can't. Since the connector is on the bottom you can't do it. Here's a tidbit though... the snowflake stands are stiffer than the regular stands, and hold the Droid more steady while in portrait mode. You can have the charging cable in the side of the Droid and in portrait mode on the GoGoStand and it'll still hold it vertically pretty stable.

its kinda stupid, but i just bought a clear one. hahah
That one is funny! And thanks for your order :)

Anything else I forgot? I'm here to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for all your support!
-Dean

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I will explain to everyone why I am buying this product. I used to own an ipod touch, and the case I had on it had a little fold out stand that just made a triangle so it could sit horizontal or vertical so I could watch movies wherever I wanted. When I travel I like to watch movies in the plane. So, I've sold the ipod touch and got the droid and now I just have a plain clear case on it, which works perfectly. But now I don't have anything to stand it up on. So having a stand that I don't have to carry in my pocket and I can just store in my wallet is PERFECT. Now anytime I need a stand I can use this.

segen77

Reaction score
gogo

it's a great idea. congrats. Having the FB page is a nice touch too.

iamsupreme

Reaction score
I am SOLD! Going to the site now to order one. Been checking it out and it's AWESOME SAUCE! Great job GoGoStand.

Actually, I'm buying 6 of these. They will make great presents for the holidays. All of my friends and family have smart phones. They'll love it.

Last edited:

DroidMunkey

Reaction score
Just bought the Shimmering Blue... goes nice with my baby blue sena case.... gunna stick it in there too!

ill be able to watch things in college now!

iamsupreme

Reaction score
All 6 I got were shimmering blue too. Awesome color. I hope you patent this idea. Before you know, Apple will tweak it by adding and Apple logo and start selling them to the iPod sheep for $29.99 a pop at their Apple store. You, sir, deserve my praise on coming up with something simple, practical and awesome. I wish you the best in your business endevors.

GoGoStand

Reaction score
All 6 I got were shimmering blue too. Awesome color. I hope you patent this idea. Before you know, Apple will tweak it by adding and Apple logo and start selling them to the iPod sheep for $29.99 a pop at their Apple store. You, sir, deserve my praise on coming up with something simple, practical and awesome. I wish you the best in your business endevors.
@iamsupreme: Thank you for the kind words and vote of confidence. I do have my patent application already submitted to the USPTO. But actually, I wouldn't mind "selling out" to the man at the right price. You probably wouldn't believe it, but I've emailed Mr. Jobs three times about GoGoStand... he hasn't replied! I'm sure he's a busy man, maybe he'll get around to it sometime.

Silverwing

Reaction score
@iamsupreme: Thank you for the kind words and vote of confidence. I do have my patent application already submitted to the USPTO. But actually, I wouldn't mind "selling out" to the man at the right price. You probably wouldn't believe it, but I've emailed Mr. Jobs three times about GoGoStand... he hasn't replied! I'm sure he's a busy man, maybe he'll get around to it sometime.

If Mr. Jobbs buys your idea, let me know so I can stock up on more of your stands, because before we'll know it, the stand will cost $29.99.

Konger

Reaction score
GoGoStand, any chance of offering multi-item discounts for forum members...like for ordering 5 or 10 of them?

kc02max

Reaction score
I have several GoGoStands at home and at work so I can admire my Droid all the time... and easily check for notifications. The snowflake one works best for holding my Droid in portrait mode. I charge it while at work. I like that even better than the dock.

droidonstand.jpg

pcandroid

Reaction score
yeah the paperclip stand is working great for me. kinda hard to fold up and put in my wallet though. might be time to order the real thing.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
yeah the paperclip stand is working great for me. kinda hard to fold up and put in my wallet though. might be time to order the real thing.

Yeah, hard to argue for the paper clip if you need something to fit in your wallet. I just use mine at my desk, so works great.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Will it work with a Droid using a Bodyglove? Does the Droid change to the clock mode when turned side ways and the cable is connected?

Last edited:

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Actually, I will bet you could put a couple additional bends at the bottom and it would accommodate the charging cable?