Coolest App?

inmate369

Reaction score
gmote? I can axises all my music (over 100gb) on my pc and play it on my DroiD. the sweet thing i can do it on 3g just last weekend i was in fl and playing mp3's from va:icon_ banana:

Diordna

Reaction score
gmote? I can axises all my music (over 100gb) on my pc and play it on my DroiD. the sweet thing i can do it on 3g just last weekend i was in fl and playing mp3's from va:icon_ banana:

I had gmote for awhile now and it's pretty awesome to show off.
If you think thats the coolest app then PhoneMyPC would make you have TO much fun haha

inmate369

Reaction score

If you think thats the coolest app then PhoneMyPC would make you have TO much fun haha

i'll check it out

Diordna

Reaction score

i'll check it out

Heres there website:

SoftwareForMe.com - PhoneMyPC

It's probably the most app users said to be the coolest. Even if you read this whole thread you'll see it a lot lol

inmate369

Reaction score

i'll check it out

Heres there website:

It's probably the most app users said to be the coolest. Even if you read this whole thread you'll see it a lot lol

sorry but it doesn't have sound wait and i got 2 monitors (dont know if that interfear) on my home pc besides really cant do that much that my droid doesnt alreary

inmate369

Reaction score
i'll check it out

Heres there website:

sorry but it doesn't have sound wait and i got 2 monitors (dont know if that interfear) on my home pc besides really cant do that much that my droid doesnt alreary

it's more of a watch dog app for parents:icon_ banana:

Diordna

Reaction score
Heres there website:

lol it can be, or secretly installing it to friends PCs and pranking them or seeing what they're doing ;]

Or just to be away like at beach or something and be on the PC from your phone is so awesome!

inmate369

Reaction score

lol it can be, or secretly installing it to friends PCs and pranking them or seeing what they're doing ;]

Or just to be away like at beach or something and be on the PC from your phone is so awesome!
to each his own:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I might as well throw Remote RDP (by Walter Wang) out there. Something else I just tried tonight. . U do get sound and file transfer. I think PhoneMyPC is just easier to setup.

Jhereg

Reaction score
best apps

One more vote for PhoneMyPC

As a contractor, I can now pull up Quickbooks and email out invoices or estimates right away, right in front of the customer. No more hearing how they didn't get my email and didn't know the check was due that day :)

Gstrings - Guitar tuner.

Battery Left - obvious. nice once it gets calibrated.

IHeartRadio - Streaming radio stations broken down by geographic location or genre.

alm0614

Reaction score

for me to get gmote to work i had to be on the same wifi network..how did you get it to work on 3g

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Surprised no one has mentioned mobile defence or wave....something.

Being able to track your phone through GPS and send alarms/whipe your phone information in case it's stolen is pretty much priceless.

I know I'd prob not get my phone back but it'd be nice to mess with them and whipe everything in the instance it does happen.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PhoneMyPC, iLighter, Flashlight, Swype, Shape Writer tied for coolest app for me.

Isn't the Torch app the best for LED usage?
And why is Shape Writer tied with Swype? I was not a fan at all and was SO happy when I got swype again after it expired few months back. BUT it is the best "replacement" and it wasn't bad (to bad at least) but swype is so soothing and ree and not retarded sometimes like SW is lmao :)

droidlight is what I use for a flashlight app. nothing fancy, uses the LEDs. Actually got to use it last week in someone's basement looking for a water shutoff to an outside faucet that was behind a wall of the finished basement.

Swype is definitely a cool app. Functional wise its one of the best things I came across. Some things we take for granted. Like the fact that the phone itself works in the first place. We've come a long way in a hundred years.

"is it dark"? lol. Grabbed it and will show some friends my "cool new app" but it won't last long on the phone.

Ultimatefavs is another useful functional app with a touch of eye-candy. Worth the buck or so I payed for it but there is a free limited version too. It groups your icons together into spinning carousels.

Iridium Flare is one that lets you know what time a satellite will be streaking overhead that catches the reflection of the sun. Sleep and clouds have prevented me from seeing one yet but I will prevail.

VLC Remote is one I played with yesterday. Still trying different apps that do the same thing. You can use your web browser to control VLC too, just not in as nice of an interface, but it works.

Beautiful Widget's weather/date/time widget is cool. And now it links to calendar, alarms, and other weather tools too.

zenman77

Reaction score
I'd have to say that shopsavvy is one of my favorites. It's free and after showing that app to someone without a droid they'll be floored by it.

Example: Scan a barcode with your onboard camera and wala!

A) A picture of the product pops up

B) Customer reviews

C) Prices for the product on the web

D) Prices locally and if you need directions to the store, maps will load and give you turn by turn directions.

D) You can also search by typing the name instead if the barcode is'nt available.

Phone my pc is really cool and worth the $10