1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cool Idea: Rotary-Like Car Dock home replacement

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by Alex K., Apr 18, 2010.

1. Alex K.

Alex K. New Member

Title pretty much says it all, flick up and down the Car Dock-like band to view apps/contacts on main home screen, and left/right for widget screens and the like.

Pretty complicated, but sick idea.
  2. yourname93

yourname93 New Member

i like this idea. i agree complicated but great idea.
  3. hawkxcore

hawkxcore New Member

I just got a book on programming for Android for my bday... it's gonna be quite some time before I have the knowledge to make an app like this, but it WILL be my first app. I like the idea of Car Home, but it definitely needs to be customizable with more icons, and I like the rotary display idea!
  4. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Slidescreen pro, they should take this approach. Its beautiful the way it is but as far as function it really does suck. If they would allow a left and right swipe for widgets/app icons and change some of the user/interactive functions they have built in it would be solid.

So I would definitely like to see what you can come up with.

I know that is not exactly what the OP was describing but it just made me think about slidescreen.
  5. hawkxcore

hawkxcore New Member

I just downloaded Slidescreen Free... I'm impressed. Didn't even know there was something like that out there. I agree though, it should definitely let you go side to side to allow for widgets or shortcuts. I can't wait to start programming for Android... not even opening the book until we're done moving into the new house. I successfully completed the "Hello, Android" project... but that was more of a tutuorial to get the SDK and Eclipse working more than it was about the programming.