Cool Custom Android Powered Touch-Screen Gauge Pod on Video for Ford Focus ST

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;OzgggDWVNhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OzgggDWVNhI[/video]​

One of our members on FocusST.org, shared an intriguing video that we thought worth passing on to you guys. In the above video, shared by U S Marine, you get to see some still shots and a video clip of a gauge pod cluster for a Ford Focus ST, and what is unique and relevant about it is that it is touch-based and uses the Android OS for its interface. It's an called the Android ST Boost Gauge Pod and it is used with Torque Pro.

To be honest, he doesn't share very many details on the device, so we aren't sure if this was custom created or something you can find on a retail shelf somewhere. We would love to know more. Sound off if any of you guys have seen this before and where you can get one.

Also, if you are into cars as well as Android, be sure to check out our sister-site @FocusST.org.

Source: Cool gauge pod

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Very cool! :cool-b:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Pretty cool. I'd like to do something like that in my Subaru but honestly, my skills to do that kind of stuff is minimal. That and I don't have the $$$ :D. Anywho, cool mod. I wonder if its visible in sunlight. Most phones bleach out in bright light.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is very impressive. I've used Torque Pro, but the graphics never looked like that. I haven't used it in a while, so maybe they updated it.
Amazing what you can do with a cheap phone and a little know how.