1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cool Custom Android Powered Touch-Screen Gauge Pod on Video for Ford Focus ST

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 8, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

One of our members on FocusST.org, shared an intriguing video that we thought worth passing on to you guys. In the above video, shared by U S Marine, you get to see some still shots and a video clip of a gauge pod cluster for a Ford Focus ST, and what is unique and relevant about it is that it is touch-based and uses the Android OS for its interface. It's an called the Android ST Boost Gauge Pod and it is used with Torque Pro.

To be honest, he doesn't share very many details on the device, so we aren't sure if this was custom created or something you can find on a retail shelf somewhere. We would love to know more. Sound off if any of you guys have seen this before and where you can get one.

Also, if you are into cars as well as Android, be sure to check out our sister-site @FocusST.org.

Source: Cool gauge pod
    2 people like this.
  2. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very cool! :cool-b:
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Pretty cool. I'd like to do something like that in my Subaru but honestly, my skills to do that kind of stuff is minimal. That and I don't have the $$$ :D. Anywho, cool mod. I wonder if its visible in sunlight. Most phones bleach out in bright light.
  4. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

That is very impressive. I've used Torque Pro, but the graphics never looked like that. I haven't used it in a while, so maybe they updated it.
    Amazing what you can do with a cheap phone and a little know how.
Search tags for this page
2010 ford focus gauge pod
2013 focus gauge pod
2013 focus st gauge pod
android as touch screen gauge
android based boost gauge
android gauge pod
android gauge pod focus st
android powered gauge cluster

android st boost gauge pod

cool android gauges
focus st android pod