1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cool apps

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by ffej89, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

I have found a few cool apps in the app store i wanted to share. First is Mabilo Wallpapers, this app has about 50,000 different wallpapers to choose from. Second is system panel, even though i dont believe in app killers this app allows you to moniter your phone to see power consumption and if you have to kill an app you can here. Another is actually two apps that do the same thing. Easy tether and pdanet with these apps you can tether to your computer for free. This is great if you dont want to pay the extra charge for hot spot. Only good for tethering one computer but when your on the run you have a connection all the time. Hope this is helpful.
  2. DrSarcasmo

DrSarcasmo New Member

Thanks for these recommendations, ffej89!
  3. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

No problem. If anyone comes across some cool apps out there post em here so we can all check em out.

One other thing Mabilo cant be found in the app store you have to google it and it will give you a bar code to scan. You might want to load shop savvy first so you have a barcode reader
  4. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

Ok ok i have another one. If your a fan of push to talk you may like a app called TIKL. This app allows you to make a list of contacts that you can ptt to. Pretty cool if you have friends that have android phone's
  5. VegaLA

VegaLA New Member

Is there a seperate Games apps thread?

If not i'd like to know if the game Word Wrap is available for the Droid? I've played it on the iPhone and its very addictive. I've yet to get a Droid X but my current contract is due next month and i'm hopign the x will be available. Word wrap would be a great game to have on it.

Anyone have it on a Droid phone or is it apple exclusive?
  6. ken.gentry

ken.gentry New Member

Any word whether Android 2.2 is going to lock out wired tethering apps like PDANet? My theory on the locked bootloader is that VZW wants to control tethering so they can charge for it.
  7. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Of course they want to charge for it, but that's not the main reason for locking the bootloader.
  8. Shemoves

Shemoves New Member

I am looking for the app that allows one to use the camera to 'scan' the square shaped 'barcodes' to download specific apps from a computer.
  9. DRMMR02

DRMMR02 New Member

Just search for Bar Code Scanner.
Search tags for this page
cool apps droid

cool apps for droid

cool apps for droid x2
cool apps for the droid dna
cool apps for the droid x android
cool apps for the pavilionx2
cool free apps for droids
cool moto x apps