Convincing Motorola

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
We for the most part are not fans of Motorola's ironfisted approach to locking down their phones and imbuing them with unsightly skins. Some people tweet their displeasure and I'm sure a few others contact them directly as I have. How many of you have? I figure if we as a whole flood their inboxes about how we'll never buy another Moto-smartphone and convince others to do the same, they'll change their ways.

When I sent in my email, I got 'bot send me a reply that someone would get back to me in 24hrs. 72hrs later, I still await their reply. Perhaps they don't have an applicable form letter yet?

OP
Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Sorry, but I am far from displeased.
That's because you don't have a phone with Motoblur or a locked bootloader. I'm quite happy with my phone too, but when it is time to retire it for a newer model, I don't want one with the two aforementioned features. HTC or Samsung are starting to look like viable alternatives.

Jeyho

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind, the phone number and phone type must be correctly associated. that is, if he is calling you from his office phone and that number is saved in your contacts as a mobile number, then the number will show up as unknown.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind, the phone number and phone type must be correctly associated. that is, if he is calling you from his office phone and that number is saved in your contacts as a mobile number, then the number will show up as unknown.

I think you somehow posted in the wrong thread.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

OP
Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight

Reaction score

I think you somehow posted in the wrong thread.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X
Yeah, I'd have to say so...

So, has anyone else contacted Motorola and gotten a reply back from them?

Jordan8

Reaction score
Sorry, but I am far from displeased.
That's because you don't have a phone with Motoblur or a locked bootloader. I'm quite happy with my phone too, but when it is time to retire it for a newer model, I don't want one with the two aforementioned features. HTC or Samsung are starting to look like viable alternatives.

I'm thinking HTC myself, Samsung is becoming known for not giving OTAs in a fair amount of time.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm a brand loyalist. Motorola has done right by me with the og droid.

However, they have drastically altered their methods since then.

I've been looking at HTC, being fairly open, but I'm disappointed with build quality compared to motorola. Samsung also has some fair hardward, the galaxy s2 particularly looks interesting, but their lack of support for their devices after release has me holding back. Sony Ericson...seems decent, but I'm really not sure about them.

Now, if I could have a true next gen og droid.. great build quality, open bootloader, and the first phone after google's own to get updates... -do want-

adsfa34

Reaction score
I'm actually going to switch to the Samsung Nexus S in June. That's how much I love MOTOBLUR and locked bootloaders. The D1 is a GREAT device, and it would take a very awesome, very "open" phone to fit the bill for its replacement. The Nexus S is the closest thing I can get to that imo.

Good hardware, sleek design, completely open.

I had a Droid 2 for a week. I rooted it, and was running a cool 1.4GHz and posting up disgusting quadrant scores. Fast, yes. Better than the D1? No. I promptly sold it and re-activated my D1.

OP
Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I have time to wait. July 6th is my early upgrade date. Hopefully Moto will change their minds on the bootloader at least before the Bionic is released. That is the only phone from Moto that has me interested. If its locked tight, I'll be looking at HTC's offerings.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I sent Moto an E-Mail about a week ago. Still no reply. Im currently rocking a DX as my upgrade because I was planning on selling my D1 to make up the difference and pick up the TB, but my luck being what it is, damn thing got pushed back again, outside of my return date so now Im stuck with it. Still decent and Im content with it (knowing theyre working on cracking the BL). My next device will be 100% unlocked though.