Convince me to stay with Verizon and get a droid.

OP
T

Trenium

Reaction score
I say $50 more a month because T-mobile and sprint are about $50 less. I will never go to att due to bad past experience. Yes I absolutely need a smartphone (Doesn't have to be droid but if i get a smartphone why not the droid?) Currently i have the blackberry storm, and I need to get rid of this phone before i throw it through a window. I just wanted to do price checking before renewing my contract and pay $120/month for another 2 years.

Why doesn't Verizon take my discount on the unlimited package, and in anyones experience are they willing to discount plans on a personal basis?

Thanks,
Andrew

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I say $50 more a month because T-mobile and sprint are about $50 less. I will never go to att due to bad past experience. Yes I absolutely need a smartphone (Doesn't have to be droid but if i get a smartphone why not the droid?) Currently i have the blackberry storm, and I need to get rid of this phone before i throw it through a window. I just wanted to do price checking before renewing my contract and pay $120/month for another 2 years.

Why doesn't Verizon take my discount on the unlimited package, and in anyones experience are they willing to discount plans on a personal basis?

Thanks,
Andrew

Why do you need the unlimited package? You use that many minutes a month?

But on any count...Verizon and the Droid are the way to go. You have the best network with a great phone. I don't think you need anymore convincing than that.

Last edited:
OP
T

Trenium

Reaction score

Thanks,
Andrew

yes 3000-4000/month

DC4MVP

Reaction score

Thanks,
Andrew

yes 3000-4000/month

Ahh I see.

I dunno if they do this or not but I think we used one of our employee discounts on taking it off the price of the $30 data package. I don't recall if that worked or not. Ended up be like $23 instead of $29.99. Not a lot but save you some $$$.

Like I said in my edit: You have one of the top phones which will be relevant for years and years with the top provider which can only get better.

You pay what you get for and if you think $125 is worth a top end phone with the top network...then do it.

iPirate

Reaction score
Using that many minutes you would think you would get a company phone or count the cost off your income as a work expense...

OP
T

Trenium

Reaction score
Using that many minutes you would think you would get a company phone or count the cost off your income as a work expense...

I run an online business I am constantly on the phone and emailing.

pyro6128

Reaction score
get a droid, get the lowest minute plan, and get google voice and add your google voice number to your friends and family. Free calls, I'm sure someone mentioned it but I havent read all of the pages

OP
T

Trenium

Reaction score
get a droid, get the lowest minute plan, and get google voice and add your google voice number to your friends and family. Free calls, I'm sure someone mentioned it but I havent read all of the pages

I have google voice, but cannot change the number that I use, I've had the same number for 9 years. Otherwise google voice and 5 friends and family would have been an option.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to be "convinced"? Seriously?

Make up your own mind....

OP
T

Trenium

Reaction score
Why do you need to be "convinced"? Seriously?

Make up your own mind....

Due to all the people misunderstanding my question I will change the title to, "Give me your opinion as far as staying with verizon or finding another carrier" I simply wanted multiple opinions to help my decision, I don't know sounds reasonable to me?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These type of threads always turn out this way. But OP should have enough facts now to at least get a partial idea of what the Droid is about.

We're not here to sell the Droid but to help each other. That's the soul purpose of this forum. OP, if you get a Droid and need help please by all means come back. We have lots of resources available on how to use your Droid, everything from turning it on to turning it into a Bugless Beast.

I personally recommend the Droid, enough to where even my wife who never listens to me is having one delivered today. But ultimately you make the final decision.

Slider46

Reaction score
For unlimited everything on the droid I will be paying $120/month, and my employee discount that I get for being a home depot employee does not even work with unlimited plans.

I'd check with your VZW / Home Depot rep about that discount. I too am a Home Depot employee (part-time) and I was able to get my base plan and data package discounted 25% and 20% respectively. I pay $75 a month for 450 minutes, the cheaper data package (unlimited data but no corporate email I think) and insurance.

Now granted, I don't have the unlimited minutes plan but it seems odd that they won't even knock the discount down on the unlimited plan to maybe 10 or 15%. That's better than no discount.

Also, 4000 minutes a month = ~2 hours per day on the phone. Wow :icon_eek:

armeddroid

Reaction score
I switched out of Sprint cause their coverage was kinda sketchy in my area. But I loved Sprint, Idc what any Verizon customer says, Sprints CS is the best out there. Plus their data plans and pricing is much cheaper. I was paying $40 less with Sprint to get the same stuff w/o the Family Plan, but Sprint has the call any mobile to any carrier service free. So who needs family plans when you can call anyone for free? They are willing to work with you. Verizon CS is not that great at all, its almost impossible to get a rep on. And Sprint didnt have any phones that had me wanting to keep switching phones until the Evo 4G was mentioned. Now on that note, 4G wont be 100% for awhile, by that time Verizon may have a phone to answer to that. But the Droid is the best out there now, ranked above the Nexus in many categories. They are still using the Droid to compete with the EVO and the NEXUS due to its history. So the Droid is still a great phone, and will be even greater once 2.1 drops. (if it does)
So..there really is no need to convince you. Its like shopping for a car. People are going to be biased on a Droid Forum. You should know that. Everything is subjective.

grrouchie

Reaction score
since you are running an online business, consider it a business expense.

Fork over the $120/month out of your company cash and be done with it!