Convince me to stay with Verizon and get a droid.

Trenium

Reaction score
Well it's time for my upgrade with verizon, been with them for 4 years and have been patiently waiting to upgrade to the droid, but after checking prices out, Verizon is the most expensive cell phone company.

For unlimited everything on the droid I will be paying $120/month, and my employee discount that I get for being a home depot employee does not even work with unlimited plans.

So, Convince me why it's worth $50 more a month to stay with verizon?

Thanks,
Andrew

warrior21

Reaction score
Staying with Verizon requires no convincing for me as I watch frinds with other AT&T drop calls and lose their minds. Yes Verizon is not cheap but in most cases you get what you pay for. As for the droid it really is up to you. It all depends on what you are looking for in a phone.

OP
T

Trenium

Reaction score
As far as getting the droid, it's the only phone I want if i stay with verizon, Friend has it and it is really fast, but is it worth the extra cost every month, especially since other phone carriers have android devices for much cheaper?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another "talk me into it" thread.

Just get what you want. You know everyone here likes the droid. Luke likes AT&T. What do you like?

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
you have stayed with Verizon for 4 years for a reason. You really dont need us telling you how great they are. And as for the phone goes.... spend a few minutes browsing these forums and you will know why the Droid it the best phone around.
It really boils down to if you can justify the cost. Cool phone & great service = $$$$
You can get a different phone and stay with verizon for a lot less.
So either you need a smart phone and the cost is justified... you really like the droid and dont mind paying for its awesomeness... or its not worth the extra cost, and you get a regular(dumb) phone.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not going to do it. You get one for your own reasons. Not mine.

I can however come up with a list of why you sould send me money, anytime.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well other carriers have Android devices but most of them are Android 1.5/1.6 OR they are locked down tighter than a drum. Stay with Verizon and you have the Motorola Droid, HTC Eris, HTC Incredible and the Nexus One is coming as well. Also take note that since I went from AT&T to VZW I have had ZERO dropped calls and 3G is well... 3G.

warrior21

Reaction score
As far as getting the droid, it's the only phone I want if i stay with verizon, Friend has it and it is really fast, but is it worth the extra cost every month, especially since other phone carriers have android devices for much cheaper?
For me it is just for the service I get with Verizon. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that would disagree and will go with what's cheaper and that's very understandable but I want service that's reliable. When I had AT&T years ago they drove me nuts and from what I can see it hasn't gotten any better. I can't really speak for any of the other companies out there like Sprint.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get the lowest plan that has Friends in Family
Get Google Voice Number. all calls in united states FREE
Get data plan $30
?????????????
Profit

-=jason=-

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It depends GREATLY on where you live. If you are 'in' a major city there's often not a major difference even with the ultra-cheap carriers (e.g. cricket). If that's the case (right now) I would go with T-Mobile because of the H2D or the Nexus. But if you don't live in a major city with great coverage from all carriers than you pretty much get what you pay for. AT&T is USELESS even on the outskirts of Nashville. So much so that I paid the ETFs to come to VZW and service is AMAZING even in the middle nowhere (even on horse trails in the woods miles away from any roads:icon_ banana:). So for me it's worth the premium.

In all honesty though if money is that tight or that much of a concern than you should just get a dumb-phone and go cheap. If you have to 'justify' something or be 'convinced' than you need to question if you can really afford it.

Yodes

Reaction score

Clownassasin

Reaction score
wait until summer and get the HTC EVO 4G HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget it looks sick, you'll have to go with sprint but at that time you'll have the fastest and best phone in the world

Spec wise that phone is a beast, but looking at Sprints 4G coverage map, I found maybe like 5 places that actually have 4G coverage...

yeah I saw that, their 4G map is about equivalent to AT&T's 3G map :rofl2: but hey, by summer more cities should sprout up and not to mention if you don't have 4G, at least you'll probably get good 3G coverage