Convince me... S3 over the HTC DNA

ArtGamble711

Reaction score
If you get a lot of emails, S3 will freeze the screen 100% of the time on first attempt to get emails. Can be very frustrating. Other than that it is a great phone, but the email is a BIG drawback.

t35rk

Reaction score
Save your unlimited data (if you have it) and buy used. GS3s can be found for $350. It's a steal.

alboboy10

Reaction score
ArtGamble711 said:
If you get a lot of emails, S3 will freeze the screen 100% of the time on first attempt to get emails. Can be very frustrating. Other than that it is a great phone, but the email is a BIG drawback.

My phone freezes without emails a lot. My back button and menu button both don't work and neither does texting. It eventually starts working on its own

music life

Reaction score

I get a lot of emails everyday on multiple providers. Never had it freeze.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I get a lot of emails everyday on multiple providers. Never had it freeze.

Same here. Tons of emails through the Gmail app and the stock email app on a daily basis and no freezes.

jwilly216

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Same here. Tons of emails through the Gmail app and the stock email app on a daily basis and no freezes.

Same here and S3 ALL day long .
Again, S3 ALLLL day long! If ur a power user like most of us on the forum, being unbiased, practical, and intelligent about the decision, the s3 is the clear winner. The only time I go a full day on a single charge is if I'm extremely busy and barely use my phone. I cherish my extra fully charged batteries in my pocket/backpack especially when using foxfi to tether my laptop. There's absolutely no way I'd trade for a DNA with a smaller battery that has to last all day or until you run out of juice. I just can't fathom how anybody nowadays considers that to be acceptable.the kind of person that can last all day on 2000 MaH is probably not a person that needs a quad core phone and for those of us hardcore users that will maximize the potential of four cores and 2 gigs of ram, that is not nearly enough juice. Say what you will but what's the use of the latest and greatest specs if it's dead in your pocket? The s3 is still king of the hill for now, boys.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DNA is a powerhouse of a phone with a fantastic screen, but the non removable battery is a BIG drawback, and the lack of storage is another huge drawback, 11 gigs useable space is a no no for me, I already have 35 gigs of high resolution music and high resolution movies on my 64 gig micro sd card, and I can listen and watch my content wherever I want "no need for data". And in regards to touch whiz or sense, I use Nova launcher on my S3 and Rezound, better than either of those two.

Last edited:

BobDog437

Reaction score
I am in the same mode. I have issue with the current phones limited storage and then no additional card slot. It kills the whole thing for me. They keep talking about iPad/iPhone killers and it ain't gonna happen if you limit the storage....at least for me. No, I don't have an either iProduct. I have a Bionic, but am considering an upgrade. Was looking at Win 8 phones and same situation.....no card slot. I have a 32GB card on my Bionic, loaded with music. I use it in my car, at work and on the road, for my music and it replaces the need for the iPod. So why can't the latest and greatest do the same?

OP
StinkyPete

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Appreciate all the feedback folks. I think the battery will not be too much of an issue for me. I rarely am away for an entire day without at least some access to power to re-charge. I know I shouldn't have to, but that my situation.

The lack of storage is a bit more of an issue for me, but I can probably cut down on apps I don't use and I don't plan on having too many movies to watch on the device (leaving room for music and some photos).

Note 2 is another option, but a bit too big.

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
One question. If HTC is going to try and one up every phone on the market and get a lot of sells on this phone for the holidays and what not. Then WHY MAKE a 1.5 quadcore processor 5.0 inch screen 441 ppi phone that only has a 2020 mAh battery, non removable at that? They did everything right but completely failed on the battery. Honestly though why isn't every phone company listening to consumers and making these amazing expensive devices with removable batteries. I own the galaxy s3, and i wouldn't trade it for anything out there. I have to admit the specs on the new HTC DNA are very impressive but what an epic fail on the battery situation.

jwilly216

Reaction score
gxyS3_918 said:
One question. If HTC is going to try and one up every phone on the market and get a lot of sells on this phone for the holidays and what not. Then WHY MAKE a 1.5 quadcore processor 5.0 inch screen 441 ppi phone that only has a 2020 mAh battery, non removable at that? They did everything right but completely failed on the battery. Honestly though why isn't every phone company listening to consumers and making these amazing expensive devices with removable batteries. I own the galaxy s3, and i wouldn't trade it for anything out there. I have to admit the specs on the new HTC DNA are very impressive but what an epic fail on the battery situation.

This^ is exactly what I was trying to say

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
StinkyPete said:
Appreciate all the feedback folks. I think the battery will not be too much of an issue for me. I rarely am away for an entire day without at least some access to power to re-charge. I know I shouldn't have to, but that my situation.

The lack of storage is a bit more of an issue for me, but I can probably cut down on apps I don't use and I don't plan on having too many movies to watch on the device (leaving room for music and some photos).

Note 2 is another option, but a bit too big.
You do know the more you charge the battery the weaker it gets, at least with a removable one, you can just swap in a fresh one in 30 seconds. Until HTC starts making phones for the consumer again and not the Telco, I will buy one again, owned the Incredible, still own the Rezound, both had removable battery and expandable storage, it just makes me wonder if they still want to stay in business, losses $ every quarter does not bode well for any corporation, they keep it up and their credit lime will dry up, as a lender would you keep lending $ to someone who is constantly in the red. If Samsung can do removable battery and storage then so can HTC.

Last edited:

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
You do know the more you charge the battery the weaker it gets, at least with a removable one, you can just swap in a fresh one in 30 seconds. Until HTC starts making phones for the consumer again and not the Telco, I will buy one again, owned the Incredible, still own the Rezound, both had removable battery and expandable storage, it just makes me wonder if they still want to stay in business, losses $ every quarter does not bode well for any corporation, they keep it up and their credit lime will dry up, as a lender would you keep lending $ to someone who is constantly in the red. If Samsung can do removable battery and storage then so can HTC.

Well said, it seems most of us seem to agree on this. I work at a night job with a lot of down time and without my phone i would be bored out of my mind, so i put in some pretty heavy use on it, a lot of Netflix, web browsing, ect. So for my personal needs it would get very annoying to have too charge my phone after a two hours or so of heavy use. But everyone has their own personal needs, and main reasons to choose a particular phone. Just go with what fits your needs

debrad0307

Reaction score
Pardon the rudeness... I don't understand why S3 owners need to convince you to get the phone. I'm sure you've read up on the S3 and the features. I don't think there is a comparison between the DNA and S3. Its an HTC.. enough said. Samsung, IMO, has the best phones on the market right now. Apple sucks, Motorola has become a joke, HTC will be forgotten in about 6 months, and LG is the worst one. You need to make your own decision about what phone you want. Remember, you'll be stuck with that device for 2 years.

.:Sent from my S3:.