Converting video for Droid X

Victor Sosa

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I've got Movavi Video Converter and I'm trying to convert an AVI file into something I can sync to and watch on the Droid X. Would anyone happen to know what I should be using as in order to make a file that is watchable on the DX?

The DX isn't listed in the "Device" section of the converter, so I'm unsure whether to list it as a Motorola Droid or go with the generic "Mobile Phone" designation and not sure what format (mp4, gpp) to convert it to.

Thanks!

zook_b

Reaction score
MP4.
I use Handbrake and use the preset for the Iphone. Its lower res than the screen on the Droid X. It keeps the file size down and unless you plan on watching it on tv via the hdmi out, it looks good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use DVD Catalyst 3 to convert mine...

OP
V

Victor Sosa

Reaction score
I'm definitely a novice with this stuff, but I have the file on my pc...I tried to simply click and drag with windows media sync into the phone, but it won't sync. I'm guessing I must convert this file to a format that will go through the sync process.

I tried using the Iphone/MP4 settings on this Movavi converter, and the file was not accepted....so I'm still searching. Thanks to everyone who posted so far!

OP
V

Victor Sosa

Reaction score
thanks to everyone who posted! I was able to find a combo that worked...converting to WMV files while using the generic "mobile phone" designation worked it out for me. There may be other ways to get it to sync, but I'm happy I came across one that worked.

roach_

Reaction score
I use DVD Catalyst 3 to convert mine...
DVD Catalyst is very user friendly,they have a free version and a paid one for $9.95 which is there full version,not sure what the diference is.