Converting To Alkido Questions...

NVash

Reaction score
Im just getting used to using Alkido but have a few questions. Im pretty sure this is going to be rather complicated because Im using a MAC but Ill find out soon Im sure.

1) I converted a PDF using Calibre and everything seemed fine. I didnt tamper with any options but for some reason when I opened the book in Stanza the cover pic was upside down. Anyone have any idea what went wrong?
2) The options in Calibre, should I mess with any of them at all? Mainly all I do is change the name of the book and other information such as that along with the cover pic. Everything else I leave alone.
3) How do I convert a DOC to EPUB?
4) How do I get these books to be read by Alkido on my Droid?

EDIT:
Think I found an answer to question 3.
http://www.web-books.com/Publishing/Word2EPUB.htm
Its a free online converter but it keeps giving me Error messages when I input the HTML file. Ill keep messing with it and see if Im doing anything wrong.

Last edited:

MeanderingCode

Reaction score
I don't use a Mac, but Fink is the software most use for installing software compiled for Linux. Compile it from source if you'd like, though.

2) The options in Calibre, should I mess with any of them at all? Mainly all I do is change the name of the book and other information such as that along with the cover pic. Everything else I leave alone.
I looked through most of the settings...i would say leave them be unless something isn't working for your needs.

4) How do I get these books to be read by Alkido on my Droid?
Put them on your device in /sdcard/eBooks/import, then in Alkido choose Menu > Import

Last edited: