Converting the Videos

Reaction score
Does anyone know what program to use to convert the the videos into a more common file type (without changing the video quality?) As it stands, I have to either use VLC Player on my PC or HDMI Mirror mode for the TV. Not even my Seagate FreeAgent HD Theater box can read it (and it handles almost every video file type.)

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about converting, but, Rocker Player Lite (Free) plays video files perfectly. Also, if you go to sites like moviesdatacenter.com and pick any movie you want, choose the "novamov" link, it plays on Rocker Player Lite and streams PERFECTLY instead of relying on flash that will likely buffer.

OP
B
Reaction score
I don't know about converting, but, Rocker Player Lite (Free) plays video files perfectly. Also, if you go to sites like moviesdatacenter.com and pick any movie you want, choose the "novamov" link, it plays on Rocker Player Lite and streams PERFECTLY instead of relying on flash that will likely buffer.

Thanks, but I'm fine with being able to play the videos on my PC with VLC. The issue is being able to play the videos through media streamers when viewing my photo albums. I have one built in to my TV, on the Seagate box, in the XBox, the BluRay Player, and the Fios DVR. None of them can play the videos.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks, but I'm fine with being able to play the videos on my PC with VLC. The issue is being able to play the videos through media streamers when viewing my photo albums. I have one built in to my TV, on the Seagate box, in the XBox, the BluRay Player, and the Fios DVR. None of them can play the videos.
So, video mirroring onto the TV? Don't all you need to do is hook up the HDMI to an open HDMI slot on the TV and you should be able to view the pictures and/or videos onto your TV? Finding specific streamers seems like more work if it just works simply with stock. It does play with Rocker Player to the TV, too. Just brows the video file, click play, should show up onto your TV.

That or Drop the Video into your SD Card.....sdcard-->DCIM-->100MEDIA...Then it should show in gallery, playable on your TV.

Last edited:

TouringBubble

Reaction score
for conversion, give MPEG Streamclip a try. It's much better on the Mac, but it works on the PC for common formats. Don't have my D3 yet to test though.

OP
B
Reaction score

So, video mirroring onto the TV? Don't all you need to do is hook up the HDMI to an open HDMI slot on the TV and you should be able to view the pictures and/or videos onto your TV? Finding specific streamers seems like more work if it just works simply with stock. It does play with Rocker Player to the TV, too. Just brows the video file, click play, should show up onto your TV.

That or Drop the Video into your SD Card.....sdcard-->DCIM-->100MEDIA...Then it should show in gallery, playable on your TV.

HDMI mirroring is fine until the videos get moved to the HDD library as all pictures and video do. The issue is to be able to play the videos as part of the slideshow going forward. All of my Droid videos have the same issue. The 720p videos are the only ones that will simply play. I am not going to use 720 just for that reason.