Converting Back for now

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kygator1, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kygator1

kygator1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well just for conversation sake I'm posting this here,I first want to say that this phone and the software on it is the best stuff on the market right now,and I really enjoy the people and this forum a lot.That being said I went with the automatic root and shole apk because of the ease,and the security of a easy backup or undoing.I used it for a week and was inpressed with everything the speed at 800 was nice to have but the fc and reboots was driving me nuts when i go to make a call i want to be able to make a call or make atext and some times that would not happen.So for me I'm going back to stock because other then speed I see no difference on my phone because there are so many things on market now that make it wonderfull.in the future I will try again without any reservation but for now i like steady and smooth. And yes I di pay the 5 bucks and would do it again. Good luck to the devs.

2. xeder

xeder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, I returned to stock earlier today. It is much more stable now IMO. The deal breaker was the glitch with the weather maps on the weather bug app, as well as the weather channel app. When I returned to the VZW Tom I had to wipe the handset and download the new version of maps again to fix it. Anyone else experience this?

3. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you take any steps to get rid of the bugs you were having?

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    You do realize that today they released an update specifically for fc, do you not? I just want to point that out to you, good luck whatever you decide to do.

5. xeder

xeder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me? No. I am all about making it easy on myself. That's why I opted to try to root this way instead of doing it manually.

I don't care to tether, etc. I was just in it for MT. Xscope will do for now....

6. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    manually isnt hard at all, i thought it would be but its simple. I haven't had any sort of error or fc or lag on mine yet. Might be worth a shot just to see, otherwise yea best to just go back

7. kbatrph

kbatrph Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    how do you go back to stock? i'm tired of trying to do this hack to bb 7.4 and getting to step 19 and getting a syntax error...gonna just stay with what i have..it's fast enough

8. kygator1

kygator1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No i did not know about fc update and thanks for info nad I'm not saying i will not try it again but for right now Ill just stay with stock and market goodies for dress up,And i'm not saying that i did all i could have to fix things was just hoping it was a little more stabble on my end.That being said if i decide to try it again since i did pay the 5 bucks willi have to pay again atleast in in market you get to keep all purchased products. again thanks for all inputs. P.S If i do want to try it again will i do same steps

9. flameboy

flameboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dont go back to stock, try Bugless Beast. Running 100% flawless for me. I may never flash another rom again.

10. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, youll have to do it all over again.

11. FreddyChevy

FreddyChevy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People need to understand that as much as devs do you have to do some work I guess ppl want everything handed to them just read a little and ask questions,its hundreds of ppl on the forum that are waiting to answer a question

12. Phillipsave

Phillipsave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Other people may not have the time or interest to deal with all the possible bugs and other issues that arise. For myself, I may wait until I have more free time.

13. xeder

xeder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I donated $5. I think that allows me to have an opinion.

14. kygator1

kygator1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I have lots of respect for what the devs do and had no problem paying the 5 bucks for there work,lol hell i spend more then that on a drink when i go out.As for handing it to me yes that is what i wanted when i payed for there service instead of me having to spend time on something i might not be up to speed on.I build pc and other stuff all the time at my own pace because they dont affect me like a phone need does.So if i want to have my cake and eat it to i will because payed for that option freely,like i said I'm glad they do there work and dont mind paying it and will do it again when i feel for me its better,no complaints here,just stating observation,hell its what makes the world go around.

15. FreddyChevy

FreddyChevy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand what your saying but look at it like this if you buy windows 7 and install it but you have some problems are you gonna do a little research to see if you can fix it yourself or would you just uninstall it? I don't have a problem with your choice just saying sometimes things need work and a little reading from the 100's of threads on this forum your problem could have been fixed