Convert old themes to work with latest MIUI ?

GeneRs

Reaction score
Good morning.

Is there a way to convert my older .zip themes to the new .mtz format so they will apply to 1.7 build?

I thought I read that the old .zips would still apply but that doesn't seem to be true. I did a little searching but I'm at work so can't devote a lot of time to it.

MIUI changes the file extensions on my theme .zips to .mtz but they can't be seen in the theme gallery so, no go.

Thanx for the help gang

Reaction score
I still have all the old zip themes and they all apply fine for me. i never had a theme that didnt apply on any build yet, Weird they dont for you. check out the miui dev site in the themes section most are converted to mtz format then you should have no problems.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
I appreciate that but the themes I wanna use are personal ones not on any site. I wonder what I've done wrong with the zips. They show up and work great on 12.3. MOST of the other theme zips I have loaded are applying fine but there are a couple of others besides mine that aren't working. Odd. :cus:

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Grab one of the .mtz themes in the theme thread, set yours up like they are, when you go to use 7zip to zip them up highlight all of the folders and files, right click and go down to 7zip/add to archieve and set it up like this pic:
newthemesystem.png

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Grab one of the .mtz themes in the theme thread, set yours up like they are, when you go to use 7zip to zip them up highlight all of the folders and files, right click and go down to 7zip/add to archieve and set it up like this pic:
newthemesystem.png

Cool. Thanx for the help and tutorial. I will give it a shot when I get home.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Ok... that didn't work. I wonder what will happen if I use 7zip to crack open a mtz file that I know works and swap out the files with mine if that will work.

This SUX. I really like some of the features of the newest build but don't wanna switch till I get my themes to apply.

element192

Reaction score
Ok... that didn't work. I wonder what will happen if I use 7zip to crack open a mtz file that I know works and swap out the files with mine if that will work.

This SUX. I really like some of the features of the newest build but don't wanna switch till I get my themes to apply.

Did this ever get figured out? I tried doing the exact same thing in the screenshot above and ended up with a ZIP file even though I typed .mtz in the file name. I can't seem to create any usable .mtz theme files. Thanks.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bumpity bump bump. Did anyone figure out an easy solution for this? Some old format themes convert without issue, others repeatedly fail.