1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Conversation Recorder

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ezrarze, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ezrarze

ezrarze New Member

I am a new developer and I really need a conversation recorder on my phone, one that records both ends of a conversation you are having on your phone. So after I wrote my hello world app, I added some lines of code to record from the microphone and ... it crashes:

public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

MediaRecorder recorder = new MediaRecorder();

recorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.VOICE_CALL);
    //recorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC);
    }

This little bit of code crashes. There are multiple options for the audio source and whichever one I try, the app has to force close.
    If anyone has any idea why this happens on the Droid, it'd be much appreciated.
    Also, is there anyway to see any error log as to why the application crashed?
  2. verakot

verakot New Member

What tool do you use for your development? I am also interested in processing a microphone input (sound) on the Droid. Could you post links to any microphone features?
  3. Ricky Eagen

Ricky Eagen New Member

Record a Phone Call Try RecordiaPro or a service like it

Sorry but dont expect to this a recording app that works seamlessly any time soon

Theres no API and there are FCC issues- best bet is to go with something like RecordiaPro - Record Phone Calls On Cell, Home or Business Phones! or a service similar. great quality and dependable but not free

UOTE=ezrarze;159744]I am a new developer and I really need a conversation recorder on my phone, one that records both ends of a conversation you are having on your phone. So after I wrote my hello world app, I added some lines of code to record from the microphone and ... it crashes:

public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

MediaRecorder recorder = new MediaRecorder();

recorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.VOICE_CALL);
    //recorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC);
    }

This little bit of code crashes. There are multiple options for the audio source and whichever one I try, the app has to force close.
    If anyone has any idea why this happens on the Droid, it'd be much appreciated.
    Also, is there anyway to see any error log as to why the application crashed?[/QUOTE]
  4. Karen Arthur

Karen Arthur New Member

Here are some useful applications for recording conversations on the phone:
    Spy Recorder Voice Recorder
    Cop Recorder
    Fusion Recorder
    Call Recorder
    Oak Recorder - Lite
    I’m sure it will solve your problem.
Search tags for this page
android voice recorder setaudiosource
app to record public conversation