control phone through computer?

theguy386

Reaction score
Is there any way to control my DINC through a USB connection? either through the sdk or a root application?

I've found one or two, but require either a WIFI connection or an internet connection for them to work. I'm using this on a work computer so cant really connect to wifi and the internet usage is pretty limited

dbu

Reaction score
Is there any way to control my DINC through a USB connection? either through the sdk or a root application?

I've found one or two, but require either a WIFI connection or an internet connection for them to work. I'm using this on a work computer so cant really connect to wifi and the internet usage is pretty limited

What is it you are trying to do?

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
well, pretty much be able to use my phone while having it hidden away under my desk.

for sending and receiving text theres the application Texdro that works pretty well. But I have no way of knowing when I receive emails

dbu

Reaction score
well, pretty much be able to use my phone while having it hidden away under my desk.

for sending and receiving text theres the application Texdro that works pretty well. But I have no way of knowing when I receive emails

Not really aware of anything with that functionality, you could just covertly use your phone.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Just check your e-mail on the computer..?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

College instructor here, with disapproving look on his face. :icon_evil:

Tell me that "while having it hidden away under my desk" is not breaking some school/workplace rule about using phones? Come on now, do you want to be responsible for the downfall of western civilization? Them-there rules were created for a reason!

Seriously, we all want to know the gritty details, so spill it. :)

-Matt

aaron.vt

Reaction score
Need to access phone from computer

I have a similar request in that I need to control or access my phone from a computer. I cracked my screen, which is now completely unusable, and there are files I want to transfer to my replacement phone from the internal memory. Unfortunate, I had set the phone to "charge only" when connected to a PC since I often charge it at my desk at work. Although the phone still "runs" there is no screen UI or controls. If this helps, I did not have the phone password locked at the time.

coskier

Reaction score
Android Screencast is the only thing I have been able to track down that is supposed to work like My Mobiler for WinMo (via USB). However it appears to require a rooted phone, which I have not been able to do yet. Anxiously awaiting the Unrevoked update.

aaron.vt

Reaction score
Need to access phone from computer

Hmmm, guess the moral of the story is to keep important files on the card and save the internal memory for redundant stuff.