Control phone from computer

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well, aren't YOU special!! :biggrin:

I just think this is a fantastic app, and word needs to be spread about it anywhere and everywhere.

...but I am kind of special. :happy3:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This app is CRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

People, if you don't already have it, you MUST install it. I have it on Google Chrome as a plug-in, and the first screen that popped up was my recent texts! Amazing.

I WILL be using this OFTEN!

Thanks, bsweetness! :hail:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I just think this is a fantastic app, and word needs to be spread about it anywhere and everywhere.

...but I am kind of special. :happy3:

I have NO doubt! :woot:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This app is CRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

People, if you don't already have it, you MUST install it. I have it on Google Chrome as a plug-in, and the first screen that popped up was my recent texts! Amazing.

I WILL be using this OFTEN!

Thanks, bsweetness! :hail:

It really is awesome. I can't believe it's free.

Tell the powers that be to put a topic in the Droid News forum about it. Topics get started there about new and interesting apps from time to time. It will be seen by more users there than my thread in the Droid Applications forum.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I just used this to reply to a client of mine...the responses from him popped up on my screen and a couple seconds later, the phone vibrated! This is SICK! :icon_ banana: I will forward this to the Mod team and it may just make it to the News section.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Nice! Lol. Cheers :p. I've been using the app since they've mentioned it here and so far I'm loving it. I actually have the MightyText site opened the whole time. I love it

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Hmm, anyone have any idea why texts still show up on the dashboard when I've cleared them a long time ago from the phone? My dashboard is getting crowded now and the "Delete all" button isn't working.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is working.

joelbon

Reaction score
What would be great is if someone could figure out a way to get Webtop to run via a connection to a laptop in the way it runs when connected to the lapdock. It allows full access to and control over the phone, including the ability to make/receive calls and texts, with an interface designed to work on a laptop-style device. Personally, I would love to be able to view/respond to texts while I have my laptop out in meetings and make it seem like I'm just taking notes. :)

If controling your texts is all you want than you can do that with PdaNet. It will not only give you a data connection on the computer, but will also route all your texts to the computer with the ability to respond as well. It is pretty slick. Hope this helps.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Bsweetness, you are my hero of the day. I have been using tablet talk between my phone and tablet but this will work with all three. I will be testing this out very soon. Can't wait!

Trillsippin, yes it does say in the app's description that it works on tablets but have not tested it out yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What would be great is if someone could figure out a way to get Webtop to run via a connection to a laptop in the way it runs when connected to the lapdock. It allows full access to and control over the phone, including the ability to make/receive calls and texts, with an interface designed to work on a laptop-style device. Personally, I would love to be able to view/respond to texts while I have my laptop out in meetings and make it seem like I'm just taking notes. :)

bsweetness, this is an excellent app idea to suggest in applits.com.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If controling your texts is all you want than you can do that with PdaNet. It will not only give you a data connection on the computer, but will also route all your texts to the computer with the ability to respond as well. It is pretty slick. Hope this helps.

That's definitely an option for people who want to plug their phones into the computer.

As I mentioned in a later post I made in this thread, I found and have been using MightyText in order to control text messages from my phone on my computer. It works amazingly well, and I don't have to plug my phone into a computer. It works over the internet. As long as my phone is online, I can view and respond to text messages via a web browser no matter where I am or no matter where my phone is. Normally my phone is in my pocket, but it's been extremely useful on the few occasions I've forgotten my phone somewhere. And I actually receive notifications in the browser before my phone notification sounds/vibrates. It's a great app.

Controlling texts via a PC isn't all I'd like to do, but it's a good start.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Bsweetness, you are my hero of the day. I have been using tablet talk between my phone and tablet but this will work with all three. I will be testing this out very soon. Can't wait!

Trillsippin, yes it does say in the app's description that it works on tablets but have not tested it out yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

MightyText rocks. :rockon: