Control music from phone using usb connection

shaggykid

Reaction score
Is there a way to pick and choose songs from my phone when connected to my car stereo?

My stereo just plays my songs in the same order and it doesn't have options to select folders or artists or shuffle.

Any ideas??

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if I could save the money to buy a Galaxy Nexus.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Anybody ever do this??

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if I could save the money to buy a Galaxy Nexus.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm guessing it probably varies depending on your head unit...
In my pioneer I could probably just put it on shuffle or search threw as a flash drive... But because if an incompatibility somewhere... You can only use what's on you're sd instead of playing threw a music app

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

schatzy62

Reaction score
Every car stereo is different and works in different ways. My OEM MINI head unit will search thru the music on my phone and show me folders, subfolders etc but it will also show all the folders that dont have music but a friend has a Pioneer head unit with a lot more functionality and it only shows the folders with the music.

So if you tell us what the head unit is in your car Make and Model then i can probably help you out a little.