control music from lock screen?

old no. 7

Reaction score
Anyone know of an app to let me control ny music without having to go through the unlock process to get to the widget? Any input would be great.
Thanks

bullhonkie

Reaction score
I've been looking for something like this too, primarily for in-car use.

Litrekid

Reaction score
I think there is a app for that. I think I remember someone on here talking about it and complaining about hitting the controls on accident.

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
Theres one, but everyone who used it says it wont work on Droid. I've tried screenmodewidget, but I want the lock screen to stay... just need music on it... hmm

Cole119

Reaction score
There's an app on the market called Music Control that claims to do what you're asking; I haven't tried it though, so I don't know if it works.

dro

Reaction score
Best way to do this is to put your droid in "dock" mode. When you have it in dock mode and you hit the power button to turn it on, there is no lock screen just the dock layout. With this you get a nice clock, weather, and one click to forecast, alarm, photos, music, and home. You can install dockrunner, however I found the app annoying and buggy. I suggest installing the new (2.1) clock which will give you a native one click option for putting your phone in dock mode (by clicking the new clock icon). Installing this will give you a nice new dock screen and also the exact features you are looking for. Link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/12239-new-apps-2-1-a.html (the new gallery is sweet too)

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
executive assistant
I'll try later, thanks though
There's an app on the market called Music Control that claims to do what you're asking; I haven't tried it though, so I don't know if it works.
It's pretty sucky. only works when you're in "music control" home screen, and once you do that (if you accidentally hit default like I did), you can't go to your home screen... so I had to dl panda home so it would remove music control from my default home screen.
Best way to do this is to put your droid in "dock" mode. When you have it in dock mode and you hit the power button to turn it on, there is no lock screen just the dock layout. With this you get a nice clock, weather, and one click to forecast, alarm, photos, music, and home. You can install dockrunner, however I found the app annoying and buggy. I suggest installing the new (2.1) clock which will give you a native one click option for putting your phone in dock mode (by clicking the new clock icon). Installing this will give you a nice new dock screen and also the exact features you are looking for. Link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/12239-new-apps-2-1-a.html (the new gallery is sweet too)
Trying it now, I'll let you know. Thanks!

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Music Control has been updated twice in the past 3 days.

You're not supposed to make Music Control your home screen. People who do this will have issues. There are now included instructions which pop up when you load the app. It's actually come along way in the past week alone and I'd recommend you check it out again.

I personally used it at the gym this morning. The camera button on the phone can do pretty much anything you'd expect of a dedicated MP3 player. This is a worthy upgrade (and FREE though there is now a paid version too) so you don't have to take the phone out of your pocket or even look at it now.

Last edited:

QiG

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation on Music Control, pausing with the camera button was exactly what I was looking for.