Contract to root?

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
My brother jacked my upgrade and jumped ship to the iphone -.-. Anyways... He had an eris, and I'm gonna take that just to have some fun with it. Anyways, I was honda practice my rooting skills, and wondered, does your phone have to be on a contract or actually be able to work (i.e. It works fine, but it can't text/call because it's not on a contract) to actually root it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Nope, as long as wifi works you should be fine to root. I believe there are numerous straight-forward ways to root the Droid Eris. Check out the Droid Eris hacks section for more info.

Edit: I remembered seeing on this on Droid-Life in that past few weeks and thought you would like to check it out once you root your phone if you haven't seen it yet. See the link below.

Team Of Developers Release Stock Gingerbread For Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, And HTC EVO

Last edited:
OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Nope, as long as wifi works you should be fine to root. I believe there are numerous straight-forward ways to root the Droid Eris. Check out the Droid Eris hacks section for more info.

Edit: I remembered seeing on this on Droid-Life in that past few weeks and thought you would like to check it out once you root your phone if you haven't seen it yet. See the link below.

Team Of Developers Release Stock Gingerbread For Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, And HTC EVO

Thanks Pat! I should get the phone from him before the 4th, which is perfect, seeing as I go on vacation on the 6th, I'll have plenty of time to decide if I want to play around with it, or just sell it.

Either way, I come out on top.

I'm happy with my Dinc, and I had my upgrade already, so I wasn't planning on upgrading for a while, so I got my sisters upgrade which is in November :). I wonder what phones Verizon will have out then :)