1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Continuous Music Skip?

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by ujhony03, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ujhony03

ujhony03 New Member

Hey guys im hoping someone has seen this issue before, i tried searching to no avail.
    Im running UD 1.0.0 and once in a while when i skip a song with the rocker (btw the best feature ever made, at least for me), it starts to just skip away and makes the phone pretty much useless until i pull the bat.

Is anyone else experiencing this, if so, is there a fix?
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I've experienced this. I'm running Sapphire.

I found that if/when this happens the way to stop it is to long press on the volume rocker in the opposite direction. However mine are inverted... long press volume down skips forward and long press volume up skips backwards.

I figured out how to stop it by 'mashing' the rocker button. Its only happened twice ever to me. First time I did a battery pull because it wouldn't stop, second time I stopped it by fiddling with the rocker as I mentioned above.

*DroidForums app DOES*
  3. ujhony03

ujhony03 New Member

um i just tried it and still no go :-( im getting it more and more frequently now.
    its my fav feature of UD and now its turning me off from it, but nothing else does it (i didnt know Sapphire did it, but same issues)
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief New Member

I had to disable the skip feature because it drove my ^3 (cubed) player berserk. To do this go to Settings--> Ultimate Droid--> Audio Settings and UNCHECK the Volume Button Music Control setting. Worked like a charm for me.
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

From Sapphire's wiki...
    Music Rocker Continual Skip

Occasionally when you longpress the volume up/down keys to skip through songs when the screen is off, it will begin to continually skip and never stop. This is a result of some problems in the multi-threaded code. I had thought that I had fixed this but apparently it still exists. The best way to stop it for now is to simply tap the volume button a few times in the direction you were skipping, as the “key released” messages will then be re-sent and clear out the event queue that causes this to happen.
    I am currently working on trying to fix that, but hopefully you all can bear with me for now until it is fixed.
    In this release, the problem appears to have persisted though is not as prevalent as before. I have also included an option in GEM settings to disable the feature altogether.
  6. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

I think this would/could be very useful if the dev could make it play the first 5(?) seconds of the song......then stop scanning when you press it again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. OSX2000

OSX2000 New Member

What changed in the volume rocker controls to make this happen? They worked flawlessly in UD6 and 7 (I skipped 8), this wackiness didn't start for me until tUD1.0.

I've had to turn the feature off too, and I miss it dearly.
  8. droijo

droijo New Member

I have this problem too and thought it was the music player bundled with UD. So I tried the Music Mod from the market and it's the same thing. However, with the Music Mod, I'm able to stop the skip by unplugging the headphones.

I'm hoping a fix in UD2 or universal fix soon.
  9. giant25

giant25 New Member

Here's what I understand: A guy named Jon Boekenoogen wrote the original code for cyanogen to be able to do this. UD took it and incorporated it into UD Extreme 8. Jon then came out with a newer "fixed" version for CM, which UD has now in UD 1.0.0. It sounds like CM and UD now have this problem, so looking for a fix might be as easy as contacting Jon, or reading about CM. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any ideas.
  10. OSX2000

OSX2000 New Member

This "fixed" version seems a lot more like a broken version. The music controls have been around in UD since 4.0 or 5.0, and they never once failed me until 1.0.0, and now it's skip-o-rama every time.
Search tags for this page

android continuous music

continuous play music on s4
droid x continuos music playing

galaxy s4 plays first 15 seconds of song then skips

how do i get music to play continuous on droid
how do i get my andriod to play continuous on music
how do i play continuos music on android phone
how do i play music continuously on samsung phone
how to get music playing continuously on android phone
how to get songs to play continously on note 2 phone
how to make a droid4 play music files continous
how to play music continuous in android
how to play music continuously in android music
is there a way for continuous play on android music?
when playing music on droid x how do you make it continuous