1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contest: Root Explorer Giveaway

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

Well today I promised a host of giveaways so that’s just what we shall deliver. Before you go to bed, we want to give you hackers a chance to win 1 of 5 free copies of Root Explorer. This application is a great piece of software to have if you have root access to your phone and want to delete all that bloat ware the carriers jam pack into your phone.
    Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for root users. Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).

Winners will be selected by me depending on how they respond to our question “why should we give you a copy” below. So comment away and let us know exactly why I should choose you.
  2. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Because I need to explore my roots like Madonna needed to in the 80s
  3. dropseys

dropseys New Member

Because on I heard the warrior battle cry and responded. On Sunday 5/22/11 I am running the Warrior Dash in Mechanicsville, MD. I may not make it out alive. I would love a last chance to win something and be able to pass it along to my wife and children. A little something they can remember me by. Oh who am I kidding? They would have no idea what to do with it. But I want it. Pretty please with cherries on top. I will share some of my turkey leg and beer if you pick me.
  4. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I haz rootz, I need to navigate demz.
  5. xxdprussxx

xxdprussxx New Member

Ive just rooted my thunderbolt and needz to remove de bloat!

Sent from my HTC Thunderboltusing DroidForums
  6. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

7. Twils1

Twils1 New Member

Because who wouldn't want this to go ever deeper into the phone an access more and change this an that for hackers its fun to just explore and find new things to do. Im running out of new things so this sounds good lol....not an award winning speech but hey figured id give it a shot. Thanks for your time bro.

Rooted 4.5.588 GB, BWC Theme
  8. jhhoffma

jhhoffma New Member

Are you kidding? Have you tried removing the bloat without this software? adb this, godmode that.

Scripts suck...gimme the appz!
  9. torino216

torino216 New Member

God knows I need to get the bloat off my ware! Pick me
  10. demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313 New Member

I need this because exploring your phone with anything else is like exploring your manhood with a playboy. It just doesn't do the job. :icon_eek:
  11. lemming

lemming New Member

Pick me cause I never win anything. :angry:

Plus I believe this is the most useful app you have offered up yet! Thanks for the chance.
  12. aristoid

aristoid New Member

Don't pick me !!

Demon...Thanks for the avatar - gave me a good giggle.

Oh, BTW don't pick me...I paid for it about 1/2 hour after trying it...one of the best file(lets me at root) managers I've tried.
  13. demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313 New Member

My pleasure. Always happy to please. Really want a laugh, put this in front of it. Wrong isn't it?
  14. cfleury

cfleury New Member

Because I went from noob to explorer in a month

I love DroidForums.net at you've helped me go from stock about a month ago to root, then flashing new radios, then ROM's, now nightly ROM's and Chad's Incredikernel beta's.

The one thing I need to take it to the next level is Root Explorer, please.

Thanks,

Chris
  15. Nerf

Nerf New Member

I've always loved reverse engineering things, and of course Android is no different. Now I understand that rooting isn't quite that, but at my low level of linux knowledge, it sure feels like it. When I first saw the D1 I fell in love and ditched my blackberry to buy it the day it came out. I discovered Droid Forums the same day, as well as the concept of rooting, custom kernals, and roms. Sure enough, I rooted it that same day (thanks to the awesome guides written & posted by DF users) and never looked back. There were lots of tasks I wanted to accomplish, but couldn't due to not having the time or patience to learn to use the terminal properly. My friend showed me Root Explorer and the capabilities and I was amazed! He allowed me to "borrow" it at the time, and I enjoyed using it until I had to RMA my phone. I now have a D2 (courtesy of Asurion) with root, but have been unable to afford my own copy due to bad living arrangements and a very unlucky streak of unemployment. My lady and I recently moved into our own place and have been penny-pinching to get by for now. Yeah I know, I'm paying a VZW phone bill and walking around with a D2 and almost no money in my pocket. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but I just can't part with my favorite piece of technology. I'd greatly appreciate getting a free copy of Root Explorer so that I'm able to safely remove some of the bloatware that comes on the D2 and provide an example of the power of rooting and the Root Explorer software to my friends with Android phones who don't know about it. And there you have it .. my droid-life story! Oh and um.. pick me pick me!!! :)
  16. dark juggalo

dark juggalo New Member

so I can open it up and my friends will go...ooooohhhhhh!!!!! aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!
  17. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt New Member

Because I'm Jewish and love free things.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  18. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

i got 6 droids here in my family of 8, all of them with a paid root explorer but, guess what!!!! i just got the transformer and after buying 6 root explorers i was going to try for a free one. so, pick me because i almost own stock with root explorer.
  19. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

second thing I purchased after rooting my OG, so I don't need to be picked, just want to endorse the program - definately one that anyone can use easily.
  20. krkelly

krkelly New Member

If I say I don't want to win maybe I will actually win... It's like acting like you don't care about the one cute girl at the bar. Oh wait... that never worked for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.