Contacts

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ForensicDroid, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyway to move the current contacts I have on my phone to the gmail contacts?

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do yours not sync automatically?

3. ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently not. I have the settings correct to auto sync, but apparently on the calendar syncs automatically. The contacts don't seem to. I have 162 contacts in my phone right now, but the contacts list on gmail only lists 135. I'm doing a manual sync right now. Is there anything else I'm missing?

4. ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just took a look at the differences between the 161 I have on my phone and the 135 on the contacts list. The difference is that all of the contacts on my phone that are also friends on my facebook list are different or not at all part of the 135 contacts in my gmail. So is it something about facebook that does that?

5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    try turning off the facebook sync for your contacts.... it's in the facebook app... give that a shot and try to re-sync to g-mail

also double check that your contacts aren't merging (ie. you have one friend Jim and one Jimmy, yet they can become merged in the same contact... you have to separate them.)