Contacts

siman00

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed in the forum, probably many times, but I'm a neewbe and can't find it.

What is the best app for synchronizing contacts from Outlook, Google, and other applications?

Thanks in advance for the great support.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Searching "contacts outlook" provides 10 pages of search results, among which the first 10 threads answer your question.

Searching "contacts google" provides 20 pages....

Did you even try to search before you asked?

I apologize for any frustration, but I personally have answered this question 3 times in the last 2 days.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Searching "contacts outlook" provides 10 pages of search results, among which the first 10 threads answer your question.

Searching "contacts google" provides 20 pages....

Did you even try to search before you asked?

I apologize for any frustration, but I personally have answered this question 3 times in the last 2 days.
I understand your frustration, but there are some questions I've answered dozens of times. The longer you're on DF the more you're going to encounter the same questions or problems. Yes, search is your friend, but just try to keep in mind that we are DF and not some of the other sites out there. We are kind and helpful to others.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration, but there are some questions I've answered dozens of times. The longer you're on DF the more you're going to encounter the same questions or problems. Yes, search is your friend, but just try to keep in mind that we are DF and not some of the other sites out there. We are kind and helpful to others.

You're right, I just get tired of helping those who don't seem to help themselves. My last few posts have been more and more geared towards people learning things the old fashioned way, by looking.

If the OP really cant figure it out on his/her own, I'd be happy to help, but every day I see more and more threads that start with "I'm sure this has been answered, but". If it is an uncommon thing, or they are asking about things that couldnt be searched for (less than 3 letter words), then I'm more than willing to help.

For the OP, the phone should automatically backup your contacts to Google. It's just one of the magic things it does.

OP
S

siman00

Reaction score
I can see that some would rather fuss than help, so forget it. I'll do without.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're right, I just get tired of helping those who don't seem to help themselves. My last few posts have been more and more geared towards people learning things the old fashioned way, by looking.

If the OP really cant figure it out on his/her own, I'd be happy to help, but every day I see more and more threads that start with "I'm sure this has been answered, but". If it is an uncommon thing, or they are asking about things that couldnt be searched for (less than 3 letter words), then I'm more than willing to help.

For the OP, the phone should automatically backup your contacts to Google. It's just one of the magic things it does.
Like I said, the longer you're on DF, or really any forum, the more repetitive you'll see the questions. Even I get lazy and bypass the search at times when I know it will yield results usually. Just keep in mind it's nice to be kind to new Droid users looking for help and info. Don't take the frustrations out on them. It makes DF seem unfriendly which we are not. I personally know nothing about Outlook syncing with the Droid - I hated doing it when I had my BB phones. I ended up exporting my Outlook contacts, importing to my GMail account, and syncing with my phone.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said, the longer you're on DF, or really any forum, the more repetitive you'll see the questions. Even I get lazy and bypass the search at times when I know it will yield results usually. Just keep in mind it's nice to be kind to new Droid users looking for help and info. Don't take the frustrations out on them. It makes DF seem unfriendly which we are not. I personally know nothing about Outlook syncing with the Droid - I hated doing it when I had my BB phones. I ended up exporting my Outlook contacts, importing to my GMail account, and syncing with my phone.

I just wish we'd take a more 'teach a man to fish' approach sometimes. I realize the search function isn't great, but it still works for a lot of repeat threads.

I dont want to come off as unfriendly, and I certainly dont know anything, I just get the impression that people arent helping themselves.

OP, it's nothing personal, just some Thursday night frustration being vented in the wrong place.