contacts

leviathngod

Reaction score
Ok, I loaded GummyJar and it loaded up fine and looks good but for some reason it only sync'd 8 of my 88 contacts I should have. Anyone know how I get my other contacts. Backupasistant maybe?

OP
L

leviathngod

Reaction score
It just saved what it has under google contacts. Is there a way to get them all to sync under my google account? I went back to my backup so I could get all my stuff baack but now I need to know how to bring it over to the new rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I could be way off on this but what I am understanding is the 8 that you have were under google contacts and the rest that are gone were probably under phone contacts.

you got the phone contacts back but you want to merge them so you have them on the new rom.

I learned the hard way to have all my contact go through google contacts. it stores them online and you can edit them through your PC or your phone.

I know there is a way to merge phone and google ( I would have play with it to remember) I just want to make sure this is what is needed before I start playing.

OP
L

leviathngod

Reaction score
Yes that is exactly what I need.

OP
L

leviathngod

Reaction score
Thank you. That was exactly what I needed. I appreciate it. Thank you very much.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
You're welcome. My first froid I didn't know if I should save to phone or save to google. I came from ATT so it was sim vs phone. Now I save it all to google, I can edit through my gmail I feel I have better control and access.

irish22022

Reaction score
this happened to me the other night when I first flashed. Gummyjar doesn't have backup assistant, and I didn't have my stuff in google. It was frustrating, I read so much about rooting before I did, never read any warnings about the contacts thing. I just thought titanium backup would do it.

I exported the file from BA, imported to google, but all the phone numbers went into notes rather then into the phone number field, which means I couldn't actually directly dial a contact.

After 2 hours of trying to figure it out, I just manually entered all the notes into the dialing field. An hour later, and now I know the importance of keeping contacts on google.

Just fyi for any new people coming over.

sephtin

Reaction score
this happened to me the other night when I first flashed. Gummyjar doesn't have backup assistant, and I didn't have my stuff in google. It was frustrating, I read so much about rooting before I did, never read any warnings about the contacts thing. I just thought titanium backup would do it.

I exported the file from BA, imported to google, but all the phone numbers went into notes rather then into the phone number field, which means I couldn't actually directly dial a contact.

After 2 hours of trying to figure it out, I just manually entered all the notes into the dialing field. An hour later, and now I know the importance of keeping contacts on google.

Just fyi for any new people coming over.

For those that don't have a backup BUA file, or whatever:
Migrating contacts from "Phone" (BackUp Assistant), to Google Contacts

This takes the (phone) contacts that were sync'd up with MyVerizon via BUA, and exports them there instead...