Contacts wont import again on new phone

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by tony8a, Apr 28, 2010.

1. tony8a

tony8a New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Droid for about a week, and built up a decent size contact list. I had to get a new one because my phone was hanging up on people and would mute almost with every phone call. (They said they had never seen the problem occur before).

Anyway I got a new phone and they put my SD card in it. It took about 15 min and 23 apps were loaded back to my phone, they said at the VZ store that the contacts would load as well. Its been 15 hours or more and I have yet to see the contacts. I tried importing from SD, I tried going to setting which control contacts to display. Nothing. Maybe they should have been exported to the card first?

Help me please!! :)

2. Grabraham

Grabraham Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you log into your gmail account on a computer do you see your contacts? https://mail.google.com/mail/#contacts

3. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The contacts download from your gmail account.

Go to Contacts
    ->Menu button
    ->Import/Export
    ->Import

After they've imported, go back to Contacts->Menu -> Display options. Make sure all types are checked to Display!

Just had to do this on Monday with my replacement Droid, too!

4. tony8a

tony8a New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried all of that already. Thats exactly what I wrote in my post. I tried importing and then checked the display options...

5. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the option may have been Import from VCard. I don't recall though. And Synching has to be turned on for gmail, and you have to be logged into Gmail from the phone. Are you sure that you are logged into Gmail when you're trying to import? (Sorry, I know it sounds obvious, but just trying to help!)

The Verizon guys did move my SD card over to the new phone, and I had to do the contacts at home because I couldn't remember my gmail password.

If you still have your phone you used before getting your Droid, the Verizon guys can import contacts from that one, too. They told me to bring my pre-Droid phone in if I couldn't get the contacts set up right.

6. tony8a

tony8a New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at work and cant get on email and I can see how to view my contact list using the mobile gmail site, gosh can they makes things more complicated. haha.

I'm pretty sure that the numbers arent there because I tried importing from gmail and it said it was loading 182 contacts, but they were all emails and I have it only displaying contacts with phone numbers.

Would they have had to export my contacts before removing my card?

Search tags for this page
android won't import contacts from sd card
android wont download contacts

android wont import contacts

contact wont import to my phone
gmail contacts wont load in new phone
my phone wont migrate contacts

phone wont import contacts from sd card

phone wont import sd card contacts
why won't my contacts list import on my new phone
why wont my phone import contacts drlm