Contacts Syncing with Facebook

DHood

Reaction score
Sometimes my contacts don't sync with facebook even if they're "given name" and "family name" are the same as on facebook. Is there a reason for this, or a fix?

hipkik

Reaction score
if I am not mistaken, it goes by the phone number they have listed..you can get FB to sync all the contacts then join them with the phone number you have

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
if I am not mistaken, it goes by the phone number they have listed..you can get FB to sync all the contacts then join them with the phone number you have

No because some of my friends I didn't even have a phone number for and it added them. And this one in particular that I'm trying to get synced actually has the same number, I added her full name (first and last as said in OP), email, and phone number, all the same information and it wont download the picture or give me the facebook features.

clwither

Reaction score
Ive experienced an issue similar where my contact will sync with some one random. I would love to have the option to be able to delete numbers as well... Some of my friends jokingly place the wrong number on Facebook and I mistakenly call them.

xlr8bigmike

Reaction score
Try making the contact names match the facebook names. That worked for me. Also it take a minute to refresh it.

Milk

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
Try making the contact names match the facebook names. That worked for me. Also it take a minute to refresh it.

Milk

It does, that's why this doesn't make sense. She's seriously the only person I can never get to sync, I've tried like 12x.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
How does her name appear on FB? Is it First Middle Last or and hypened names? Or maybe she put her first and last name in the first name box? Just a thought. I had trouble with one of my contacts cause I was putting part of his name in the wrong field (he's asian lol)

tafsen

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get the facebook picture to google contacts?

hipkik

Reaction score
Please don't TJ, but yes if the people in your phone book have Fb's they should automatically be synced