Contacts showing up 3 times

fantom557

Reaction score
i cant seem to figure this out. The same contact will show up 3 times when i type the name ie to send a text message. i have my corp account set up to sync with contacts i have gmail cont sync turned off and i am running touchdown also. but i have the contact turned off there as well. does any one know how to fix this issue.

Gmail contact sync turnes off
Touchdown contacts sync off
Corp sync on

GMofOLC

Reaction score
I have this same problem.
Anybody know what's going on?

Tatootie

Reaction score
this has happened to me too. the fix for me was to factory reset. then sign on to gmail, and then redownload my touchdown. wish i knew why, but i dont...

cpinto

Reaction score
i cant seem to figure this out. The same contact will show up 3 times when i type the name ie to send a text message. i have my corp account set up to sync with contacts i have gmail cont sync turned off and i am running touchdown also. but i have the contact turned off there as well. does any one know how to fix this issue.

Gmail contact sync turnes off
Touchdown contacts sync off
Corp sync on

There is an option to select which accounts you want to view. This, in addition to transferring contacts from your prior phone, backups, restoring, syncing, all combined creates this problem of multiple contacts.

It seems best focus on one thing. I only use my corporate exchange email, but all my contacts are google because I like the gmail website to manage online, if that makes sense.

Before I had both google and corporate contacts synced and displayed. After restoring them a couple of times, I had a mess.

I went thru all my contacts to be sure they were all in the same place, google, then deselected the corporate display options. It seems less complicated and easier to manage with a single contact list.

Contacts > Menu > Display Options

Once you get it cleaned up, it seems to work just fine. The only sync on is google.

This has worked for me, but it may not for you based on your needs.

Craig

Last edited: