Contacts - People App - Groups

jimbo-69

Reaction score
In ICS, what can you do with a Group? Cant seem to be able to txt a group, or email a group. I could txt and email groups on my Droid X.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
In ICS, what can you do with a Group? Cant seem to be able to txt a group, or email a group. I could txt and email groups on my Droid X.

+1 been waiting for an answer to this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Chubbydog

Reaction score
This has been my only complaint so far with this phone. You can add groups, but why can't you forward a fext message to them? Doesn't make sence. I've tried everything, and can't figure it out. Hopefully somebody has an answer.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
This has been my only complaint so far with this phone. You can add groups, but why can't you forward a fext message to them? Doesn't make sence. I've tried everything, and can't figure it out. Hopefully somebody has an answer.

I don't think we have an answer. I asked a week ago no one even responded.

tyseft163

Reaction score
Agree, what's the purpose of the group on this phone? Someone really screwed up: must have "forgotten" to include this basic feature in this OS? WTH?

captdroid

Reaction score
Another Contacts annoyance I have encountered with ICS is the contact picture looks terrible. Google increased the DPI and adjusts the image size blowing it up making stored contact pictures in Outlook (I do activesync to an Exchange server) or Gmail look hideous.

gunit34328

Reaction score
Contacts also lacks the ability to share a contact's phone number through text messages (stock and gVoice). only gmail and bluetooth.

is there any workaround?

jerry12

Reaction score
Android and Gmail have some serious issues you can't forward email to a group. Even sending a email to a group is a pain heck you could do that with a Blackberry six years ago. :mad:

nsain1

Reaction score
This is an unacceptable failure! Not being able to forward emails to groups is crazy. Droves of failure ridden morons at Motorola and Google should be fired for this epic failure. I am even more shocked that these posts are dated months ago and its not fixed yet. My ICS updated 2 days ago on my RAZR Maxx. FAILURE!

nsain1

Reaction score
EPIC FAILURE - Cannot forward emails to groups

So I would love for someone from google or motorola to explain why in God's name there is even a 'Group' option under the new 'People' app. Yes you can generate a new email or SMS to the group by going through several extra steps in ICS (which is another failure), but you can't forward an email to the group. I even tried adding multiple email addresses in a single contact name, but it only lets you do a few. I'm sure arrogance with google and motorola keeps them off of forums like this, but just in case a failure pile from either company happens to see this...I'm trying to do this using a corp exchange email account...you know...for business. Imagine that...Someone using a smart phone in a business may need to email a group of people regularly. As someone stated on another post...I could do that on my blackberry in 2003.

Google/Motorola You Have Failed!