1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contacts linked with google mail

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by yukon, Mar 1, 2010.

1. yukon

yukon New Member

is there a way for me NOT to have to add new people i add to my phone also into my google account?
    everytime i get a new phone number and try to add it to my contctas it asks me to choose a google account....why?!!
    and now that i have said F*it and tried it, the damn number wont show up.... but it shows up on the call log..... can someone explain? plz, by the way i do apologize for my frustration.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

You don't have to sync to google...Settings>>Accounts & Sync>> Uncheck your Gmail account.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

As backnblack explained you can remove the sync. But what happens if something happens to your phone and you lose your contacts? Gmail keeps all your contacts no matter what the phone does.

And were you not aware that this was a Google phone when you bought it? If you don't want a Google phone and you just bought it you have 30 days to return it. So if you were only planning on using Google part of the time, or not at all this may not be the phone for you.

I think it's the wonderful thing about it being a Google phone. I've been using Gmail for years and it's great.
  4. yukon

yukon New Member

obviously your not reading my question. i said when i did add someone to my contacts and chose a google account, the name still wont appear on my contacts list. and i asked why...... thanks for no help by the way
  5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Sorry if we misread your question....

Go into Contacts>>Menu>>Display Options>> Check the setting for your gmail account.
  6. Gunghoray

Gunghoray New Member

You're WAY out of line Yukon

7. yukon

yukon New Member

8. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

SO maybe I missed this one, but do you have a Google Account? I know my friend has a droid and didn't have a google account and created some prompts that he wasn't ready for,.
  9. yukon

yukon New Member

thats exactly my point, i didnt have a google account and the lady at verizon just said type in something. Now that i have all these apps dowloaded and all this other information im told that it will be linked to that garbage email account i created when i got the phone. I do now have a google account i use but ofocurs ei will forveer have both emails on the phone because i would lose all the apps i paid for since its in that crappy account. oh well, by the way i did read this last post as i am typing it so nobody else gets there panties in a bunch.....
  10. Gunghoray

Gunghoray New Member

Panty Wedgie all gone

Thanks Yukon. My panties are officially unbunched now.
  11. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Can't get your panties in a bunch if you don't wear any :blink:

As for the OP, since I haven't experienced using the phone without a Google account I can't really advise. But I would suggest to use a Google account for the tools it offers (there's so many perks), even if you don't use it for a primary email.

I started mine only so my boys could video chat with my mom. then I treated it as that email I "give sites where I sign up in case they spam me". Now, my 9 year old email that I've had is now my secondary account and where I store emails I need to save.

I think if you give it a honest go, you'll be very pleased at the phone's functionality when it's all synced with your Google email, docs, maps, and more.
Search tags for this page
android contacts linked to wrong google account

google linked contacts

google s4 contacts linked google
linked contacts in google
samsung s4 when setting up gmail last part asks about recove
what are google linked contacts
what are linked contacts in google
what is linked contacts in google mail
why are contacts linked to google