Contacts Issue

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I've been looking at some of my contacts and while most of them seem to be ok...I've noticed that others have two identical emails and have 2-3 links to their facebook profile. When I got into the contact to edit it, I can only see one of the emails and can't delete the second identical one.
Anyone know what's going on with that or how to change it?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How did you add your contacts onto your DROID? I know some people had issues with contact information being scrambled and doubled like you're experiencing... so let's start...

Did VZW do it in store?
Sync thru G-mail?
What kind of device were you coming from?

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I had the VZW store sync my contacts. Then I did a sync from the Facebook app. Its weird, after I wrote this thread I tried again and it let me edit. I also found that if I wasn't allowed to edit I went into the contact, then did the menu, then clicked "add contact". I then put in the information I wanted and the Droid automatically joined the contacts.
Weird.
The VZW store synced my contacts originally from my S1.
Now, the issue I'm having is some of my contacts are showing double information. Like two links to "see facebook profile" or two of the same emails and I can't delete one of them.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you still have your S1? If you do I would recommend syncing following the steps Sync BB Contacts to Outlook Export to DROID - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

It's a little lengthier but absolutely ZERO problems or errors transferring contacts.

I wouldn't use Facebook to sync my contacts but you should be fine to sync your newly synced contact list to Facebook instead of importing them thru Facebook.