Contacts Issue

maslan

Reaction score
Been running MIUI for a few months now. Love this rom. Just recently had an issue when setting up "shortcuts" for some contacts. When go to do a shortcut for "direct call or direct message" and it pulls up my contacts - the person i am looking for is not there. However - if i just go to the contacts (either from desktop or phone) she is in there?? But i just cant find her when i go through the editing menu to do a shortcut.

Also - when i do go into contacts and then into her info - it is all there - but if i click on edit - it just pops up a blank screen??

I found this for several contacts - so any help would be appreciated. I have Facebook set to sync all contacts - not sure if this is cause as it may pull info from two different places??

Thanks.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Been running MIUI for a few months now. Love this rom. Just recently had an issue when setting up "shortcuts" for some contacts. When go to do a shortcut for "direct call or direct message" and it pulls up my contacts - the person i am looking for is not there. However - if i just go to the contacts (either from desktop or phone) she is in there?? But i just cant find her when i go through the editing menu to do a shortcut.

Also - when i do go into contacts and then into her info - it is all there - but if i click on edit - it just pops up a blank screen??

I found this for several contacts - so any help would be appreciated. I have Facebook set to sync all contacts - not sure if this is cause as it may pull info from two different places??

Thanks.

yea the facebook contacts dont fully integrate like the normal contacts do for some reason.

hoppermi

Reaction score
You can't edit contacts from facebook. It pulls that info from their profile and you can't change it. If you did, next time it synced, it would go back the way it was.
Can't help with the shortcut problem though. Probably a similar situation.

thorn11166

Reaction score
this is what he means when it is blank. its frustrating because you can't add anything at all.

Attachments

• snap20110112_223334.png
    snap20110112_223334.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 197

thorn11166

Reaction score
no problem, im wanting to add a number to some and now i can't cause of this... it sucks lol guess ill have to go 3rd party

coverton341

Reaction score
no problem, im wanting to add a number to some and now i can't cause of this... it sucks lol guess ill have to go 3rd party

Have you tried adding a contact of the exact same name as the Facebook contact then hitting menu and "Join" from the options? I have done this on a number of occasions and it works and then when I resync to Facebook the number stays in there and updates the Facebook profile status and whatnot.