Contacts in 1.3.1

scottd21

Reaction score
I just want to say this is a great rom, very well done. One thing I knoticed is when I click on the contact app it only shows me my gmail contacts. When I go to the dialer and hit the contact tab I see all my contacts gmail and verizon backup. Is this something with the rom or is the contact app only supposed to show just gmail contacts? All other roms I have tried show both in the contact app. If anyone has any info on this it would be great.

Thanks
Scott

doomgazer

Reaction score
You're just missing the BuaContactsAdapter.apk file from the removedapps.zip file. Download that in the 1.3.1 forum, extract the apk, put it on your sd card and use the install script and reboot your phone. That should add "Phone Contacts" back to your Contacts app.

I just want to say this is a great rom, very well done. One thing I knoticed is when I click on the contact app it only shows me my gmail contacts. When I go to the dialer and hit the contact tab I see all my contacts gmail and verizon backup. Is this something with the rom or is the contact app only supposed to show just gmail contacts? All other roms I have tried show both in the contact app. If anyone has any info on this it would be great.

Thanks
Scott

cubsfan187

Reaction score
You're just missing the BuaContactsAdapter.apk file from the removedapps.zip file. Download that in the 1.3.1 forum, extract the apk, put it on your sd card and use the install script and reboot your phone. That should add "Phone Contacts" back to your Contacts app.

Thanks
Scott

I asked about this very thing yesterday as well and I have to say thanks for the fix! I thought it was that file and asked in another thread and no one knew for sure. It does work though. Thanks again!

doomgazer

Reaction score
No problem. When I first switched to Apex I was almost in a panic because I use Google to sync certain contacts and BA to sync others. Fortunately in 1.3.1 you only need the one file - in 1.0 I had to track down 3 or 4 others as I recall.

spy9000

Reaction score
I did this and run the install in terminal. my phone contacts were set back in the groups list. However i'm still not getting contacts synced from Verizon backup or any contacts what so ever from Facebook. This rom also breaks deleting of Facebook account on phone. Doing a factory recent with 1.3.1 installed.. hoping all will start fresh and i will get my contacts back from Verizon backup.

-_-

spy9000

Reaction score
Phone reset, said it had a program not responding.... with just a black screen....... held power button, phone turned off.. then back on.. went through setup, asked to use ADW launcher or set up. i'm like what the F!

I select adw launcher, phone goes into home screen.. i lost 3G and no more data. Reverting back to stock :mad: i'm done!

doomgazer

Reaction score
And no response! Lmfao..

I guess we considered the "I'm done" a statement of finality - in other words you weren't asking for a fix.

I'd recommend going back to 100% stock and starting over from there. It's more than likely "user error" than something wrong with the ROM itself - no offense intended.

spy9000

Reaction score
lol sorry. i was getting ready to leave for Christmas and was getting kinda angry. plus i had thought i lost 3G for good and would of been stuck without any 3G on my trip. phew.

This rom is amazing, and it was messing it up. I gave it an extra try and it did the same thing. My apologies =(

the only backup i have is of my phone rooted 100% stock. I'm using bootstrap recovery i believe to install this rom. i'll give it another try.. and hopfully can get some support for it.

Also is there any backup i can use to actually get my phone back to 100% unrooted? i doubt it. But 100% stock my phone runs just fine. I guess i'll find out.

Again sorry guys.. was not having the best of days.

doomgazer

Reaction score
Assuming everything works fine with root+stock? If it isn't - restore to rooted stock, then do a factory reset and go from there.

I used Rom Manager to install Apex - installed with a data wipe + ROM backup then after the install completed, did a battery pull at the first M screen (where it usually freezes). After that it takes a few mins but boots into Apex fine.

I don't sync FB (or even use it on my phone) however I know that my Gmail + BackupAssistant contacts are syncing fine. I would assume something just got buggered up either when you installed the 2.3.340 OTA or when Apex was installed.

[EDIT]
FYI: Have you looked at this post? If you haven't it might help with your FB contact issue.
[/EDIT]

spy9000

Reaction score
Thanks, i'll keep trying. actually installing apex again right this second.. it's booting from an install from bootstrap recovery. If this fails i will use your method.

spy9000

Reaction score
same thing =/ using your method.. maybe it's because i'm not whipping data and cache?