Contacts Icon Points to Favorites!

MichaelG

Reaction score
I rebooted my droid (off/on) to fix an email sync problem (that worked) but found to my dismay that my contacts icon now points to the favorites list... no contacts... Google still has them, so I believe they are there, but there appears to be a software error somewhere...

help!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Are you using the icon on the desktop? Try the one in the app drawer. If that one works, trash the one on the desktop and recreate it.

OP
M

MichaelG

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I discovered the problem to be less significant than I had thought - the system was defaulting to pointing to the favorites list when I selected 'contacts'; so then when I moved the active selection over one icon to the left, to 'contacts,' there they were....

Confusing and worrying for a while...

Now I have another problem, which your response suggested was easy to do - I managed to drag and drop a copy of contacts from apps to the home screen, so there are two... and android will not let me delete the second (trash glows red and rejects the drag and drop action...)

Suggestion?

JayMonster

Reaction score
uhhhh....nope. Got me stumped with that one... Anybody got an idea on this one?

OP
M

MichaelG

Reaction score
I found the technique.

Drag and hold the icon for a little longer than normal over the trash, then release it

thanks