Contacts: Google vs Droid

garyiden

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the issue. Google just revamped CONTACTS so that you can sort last name first. Great! However, in Contacts on the Droid, it is reversed. Example: in Google contacts, the name is entered First Name, Last name. On the phone, in contacts, it shows up reversed. Anyone have a tip here? Thanks.

EbE404

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the issue. Google just revamped CONTACTS so that you can sort last name first. Great! However, in Contacts on the Droid, it is reversed. Example: in Google contacts, the name is entered First Name, Last name. On the phone, in contacts, it shows up reversed. Anyone have a tip here? Thanks.

In Contacts on phone:

Menu -> Display Options -> Sort list by/View contact names as

OP
garyiden

garyiden

Reaction score

In Contacts on phone:

So I must be missing something. I have no option Menu -> Display Options -> Sort list by/View contact names on the phone. I can do that in Google Contacts, not on the phone.

EbE404

Reaction score

In Contacts on phone:

So I must be missing something. I have no option Menu -> Display Options -> Sort list by/View contact names on the phone. I can do that in Google Contacts, not on the phone.

Perhaps I'm looking at something different, as I've got Froyo. This is what I see.

1. Open Contacts on the phone.
2. Press the button on the phone that is to the left of the Home key.
3. In the menu that pops up, there should be 6 options, the one you are looking for is in the upper right corner.

OP
garyiden

garyiden

Reaction score
In Contacts on phone:

Perhaps I'm looking at something different, as I've got Froyo. This is what I see.

3. In the menu that pops up, there should be 6 options, the one you are looking for is in the upper right corner.

Thanks for your help. It must be the difference in our phones. When I do as you state, I only have 5 options: Search, New Contact, Display Options, Accounts and Import/Export.
When I select Options, there is no options to sort. Oh well :) Maybe when the 2.2 update comes along??? Thanks

EbE404

Reaction score

Thanks for your help. It must be the difference in our phones. When I do as you state, I only have 5 options: Search, New Contact, Display Options, Accounts and Import/Export.
When I select Options, there is no options to sort. Oh well :) Maybe when the 2.2 update comes along??? Thanks

Hmm, bummer. I could have sworn that there was this option buried somewhere in the contacts menu in V2.1. If it's not, I guess the good news is that the OTA should be on the way to you shortly.