Contacts from BB Tour to Motorola Droid

mikehal38

Reaction score
You're going to need to download Google sync to your tour and back your contacts up. Then you'll be able to pull them from Google to put on your Droid.

alucardx

Reaction score
another way that i used from my very old samsung a950

use vzw get app for backup assistant (free) on samsung. use this program to backup your contacts. once backed up, login to 'my verizon' site which lists your phone details, billing, etc, in there you'll find your contact information that was backed up. in the upper right of this page there's an export to CSV option. once exported, open in excel and move or delete any extra rows past mobile 2 i think. take this csv and import into gmail->contacts from PC. once cleaned up and confirmed on a computer, then sync on phone.

decriptor

Reaction score
I used the google sync stuff on my blackberry tour and that seems to have worked great for me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

use vzw get app for backup assistant (free) on samsung. use this program to backup your contacts. once backed up, login to 'my verizon' site which lists your phone details, billing, etc, in there you'll find your contact information that was backed up. in the upper right of this page there's an export to CSV option. once exported, open in excel and move or delete any extra rows past mobile 2 i think. take this csv and import into gmail->contacts from PC. once cleaned up and confirmed on a computer, then sync on phone.

This is the way to do it. Contacts have to be in gmail to sync and back up because it is a Google phone.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I used the google sync stuff on my blackberry tour and that seems to have worked great for me.
Me too, there is nothing too it, download the app, back everything up, then wipe your BB, sell it, pick up your droid, log into sync with your gmail account and all your contacts are there.

This is the way to do it. Contacts have to be in gmail to sync and back up because it is a Google phone.
Not sure why you would want to create all that extra work, unless the sync isn't an option. I used the VZW backup for my wife, but she went from an LG to an LG, (non-smartphone) And there was never any copying of things to spreadsheets. You're making this way too hard.

R

Romple

There's a Google Sync app for BlackBerries that will transfer your contacts to Gmail. When you get your Droid use that @gmail address and it'll sync all your contacts/calender.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are several ways to do it.

CSV's aren't that hard to deal with and, if you keep the CSV file, you have another backup of your contacts.

If you're already syncing your BB with Outlook you can generate a CSV directly from Outlook.

decriptor

Reaction score
If you can export a csv of all your contacts google has an import contacts from csv feature. You have to double check your csv to make sure there isn't any formatting issues though. I can't remember if I had to do anything the first time I important contact (before I had a blackberry)