1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contacts from BB Tour to Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cawrestlingfan, May 20, 2010.

1. cawrestlingfan

cawrestlingfan New Member

How can we transfer these without paying verizon the 2 bucks they charge to do it?
  2. mikehal38

mikehal38 New Member

You're going to need to download Google sync to your tour and back your contacts up. Then you'll be able to pull them from Google to put on your Droid.
  3. alucardx

alucardx New Member

another way that i used from my very old samsung a950

use vzw get app for backup assistant (free) on samsung. use this program to backup your contacts. once backed up, login to 'my verizon' site which lists your phone details, billing, etc, in there you'll find your contact information that was backed up. in the upper right of this page there's an export to CSV option. once exported, open in excel and move or delete any extra rows past mobile 2 i think. take this csv and import into gmail->contacts from PC. once cleaned up and confirmed on a computer, then sync on phone.
  4. decriptor

decriptor New Member

I used the google sync stuff on my blackberry tour and that seems to have worked great for me.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

This is the way to do it. Contacts have to be in gmail to sync and back up because it is a Google phone.
  6. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Me too, there is nothing too it, download the app, back everything up, then wipe your BB, sell it, pick up your droid, log into sync with your gmail account and all your contacts are there.
    Not sure why you would want to create all that extra work, unless the sync isn't an option. I used the VZW backup for my wife, but she went from an LG to an LG, (non-smartphone) And there was never any copying of things to spreadsheets. You're making this way too hard.
  7. Romple

Romple Banned

There's a Google Sync app for BlackBerries that will transfer your contacts to Gmail. When you get your Droid use that @gmail address and it'll sync all your contacts/calender.
  8. takeshi

takeshi New Member

There are several ways to do it.

CSV's aren't that hard to deal with and, if you keep the CSV file, you have another backup of your contacts.

If you're already syncing your BB with Outlook you can generate a CSV directly from Outlook.
  9. decriptor

decriptor New Member

If you can export a csv of all your contacts google has an import contacts from csv feature. You have to double check your csv to make sure there isn't any formatting issues though. I can't remember if I had to do anything the first time I important contact (before I had a blackberry)
Search tags for this page

export contacts from blackberry tour to gmail

export contacts from samsung a950 to android

transfer contacts from blackberry to driod a855