Contacts force close

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
No no no download hashcodes safestrap in the droid 3 roms section install then follow the directions from there. Maverick rom is great as well as Bioweapon or if you want stock I posted a rooted deodexed Ota rom. Look around and have fun and alway always wipe.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

RPMBend

Reaction score
THANKS! Im at work so I can't wait to get home to do this. Will follow up after all is well in Razr world!;)

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Wait ... your problem us on a razr you need to look in the razr section for flashing instructions .... don't use the d3 files

RPMBend

Reaction score
i couldnt find the flash for the razr... started reading others' problems and they only got worse. i got worried that i would just exacerbate my problem, i took the phone back to costco, started over (now knowing not to delete stupid files like yahoo) NOW all is well in razr land! :D

schmittmike

Reaction score
My first guess would be the yahoo contacts apk. Probably the most commonly removed/frozen app that causes this problem. Yes it is required for your contacts to work.

So how do I get it back? I'm using a Bionic.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
So how do I get it back? I'm using a Bionic.

Do a search for a Bionic/Droid 3 system dump (odexed), download it and go to system/app copy the app(s) you deleted and placed them back into your system folder. Be sure to set permissions to match the other apps in system/app and change owner to root/root.

Gonzo79

Reaction score
thanx

i flashed last night and whent to make a call and could not . i did try to re in stall some stuff didnt think yahoo would have any thing to do with it i re instaled a couple things. any way thanx man i searched for a while but i got my fi. peace thanx again for tha thread.:biggrin:

capncurt86

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I unfroze t
Yahoo Contacts AND Yahoo Mail Authenticator. And boom....it works.

Thanks all. Hope you get yours working too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk