Contacts Force Close (new twist?)

spersich

Reaction score
I know this issue has been discussed at length but I have tried everything that has been suggested in previous posts, to no avail.

I recently transitioned from the Razr to the Maxx. I used Titanium to backup all apps and settings in the Razr and restored all to the new Maxx. Everything was fine until suddenly (today) my contacts began to force close. I scrolled through system apps in Root Explorer and noticed that Yahoo and Blur contacts were still apparently frozen (e.g. YahooContacts.apk_fro), which is weird because contacts had been working. So I renamed these apps and reset permissions. Rebooted. Still no luck but I notice that the oft-mentioned "Yahoo Authenticator" app is missing if in fact that is a separate application in system apps, which I am unclear about because I never deleted any apps at any time although I did freeze apps with Bloat Freezer, but subsequently unfroze. Otherwise, as far as I can see, all appropriate applications are present. Am I missing something?

dlmalone81201

Reaction score
I know this issue has been discussed at length but I have tried everything that has been suggested in previous posts, to no avail.

I recently transitioned from the Razr to the Maxx. I used Titanium to backup all apps and settings in the Razr and restored all to the new Maxx. Everything was fine until suddenly (today) my contacts began to force close. I scrolled through system apps in Root Explorer and noticed that Yahoo and Blur contacts were still apparently frozen (e.g. YahooContacts.apk_fro), which is weird because contacts had been working. So I renamed these apps and reset permissions. Rebooted. Still no luck but I notice that the oft-mentioned "Yahoo Authenticator" app is missing if in fact that is a separate application in system apps, which I am unclear about because I never deleted any apps at any time although I did freeze apps with Bloat Freezer, but subsequently unfroze. Otherwise, as far as I can see, all appropriate applications are present. Am I missing something?

Do you have corporate syc or or work contacts frozen? After freezing those my contacts started FC's.