Contacts duplicating

Flomby

Reaction score
Ok, so whenever I go to send a text it shows 2 or 3 of the same contact I'm trying to text with the same number for all of them. I checked in the phonebook to see what could be the issue and only one name per contact is there, however, when I go to edit contacts it shows their name several times with the same number.

I tried seperating the contacts and deleting all but one and that didn't seem to work. Anyone seem to know what the problem is?

tomlist704

Reaction score
I am having the same issue and to add insult my Droid was acting funny so they replaced it last night. when I went to pick it up i add several hundred number, no names!!!!! I have about 2,200 contacts and them the added 300+ numbers. I complained and they took my old droid and sent the contacts over again. I got up this am checked the contacts in google mail and have 5000!I erased a bunch of them but still have the duplicate issue you are having. i went back into each contact and started to take out the added numbers. Now where I might be able to help and stop my whining, I think when you set a contact as a starred contact it makes another one, not sure, but I had several of ones that I starred. the best way to manger contacts is in Google mail because you can look for duplicates and delete allot faster than on the droid. Please let me know if you find anything else that is better. this process took me several hours today, what a waste of time.