Contacts and Ringer Profiles

mvanz

Reaction score
Hello all:

Been toying with Droid X for all of 12 hours now (BB Curve now retired). I am trying to figure out if there is a way to set all contacts to silent with the exception of ONE contact. This was very easy to do in the BB curve and it's important so that a single contact can always contact me (no landline).

Regards,

--Mike

OP
M

mvanz

Reaction score
It was such a nice feature on the Blackberry....

It's because I work nights so I sleep during the day. I'd rather not have the phone ring unless it's an emergency....my wife has always been able to call me even though no one else can. I just designated her as an emergency contact so that her calls would ring through even when the phone was on silent.

Well, until the volume issue is fixed, it probably won't matter anyway. I don't think the rings are loud enough to wake me at this point.

Cee

Reaction score
One little thing I miss on the X as opposed to my Razr is setting specific ringtones for specific callers. If there is a way to do that on the X I haven't discovered it yet.

OP
M

mvanz

Reaction score
Yes, you can. Go to "contacts", open up the contact you would like to set the ringtone for, tap the menu key (the button with the four squares on it). Choose Edit.

Once you do that, scroll to the bottom of the contact information, tap "Advanced", continue scrolling to the bottom. You will see where to set the ringtone.

BMWBig6

Reaction score
Yes, you can. Go to "contacts", open up the contact you would like to set the ringtone for, tap the menu key (the button with the four squares on it). Choose Edit.

Once you do that, scroll to the bottom of the contact information, tap "Advanced", continue scrolling to the bottom. You will see where to set the ringtone.

That works most of the time, but for some reason a few of my contacts refuse to play to ringtone I have selected under their contact profile. Instead it will play another ringtone (and not the default one). I suspected one of my contacts was linked with another but that doesn't appear to be the case. Any ideas as to why the phone has decided to play a certain ringtone (not the default, and not one I selected manually) whenever that person calls?