contacts and keyboard

jcwilliams

Reaction score
So i just used the hob to install 232 on my wifes phone. Went well.
But,
She likes to use a keyboard app from the market. How in the world do i set it as main keyboard? I can't don't it anywhere. I have it checked to use under language and keyboard from settings but i need to make it the primary.

Also in her gmail account she has a folder of contacts that she don't want showing up in the phone. I unchecked that folder through settings but they all still show up.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

EDIT: found the setting for the keyboard. Still can't get the contacts figured out.

ambrown

Reaction score
Well as far as the keyboard goes you have to check it in settings under "language and keyboard" but then to set it as the main keyboard you go to any text entry field (such as messages) and long press on the field; it should offer an option for "text input" and you select that option, then it should have a list of all your keyboards to choose from.

For the contacts go to settings>accounts> and then choose the gmail account the contacts are syncing from (if you have multiple gmail accounts anyway, otherwise it's just your gmail account) and then uncheck contacts. And that should do it for you. Just be aware that if your wife has contacts in gmail that she does want to have access to she will not be able to get them in her contacts now. But I assume that was the point anyway.

Hope this helps though!

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
The keyboard i figured out. But the contacts i can not.

The only thing i have synced is gmail for contacts. She has her side business connects in her gmail but under a different folder.
If i go under contacts>menu> contacts to display> customize and uncheck the unwanted folder it works. But as soon as i back out then go back to contacts it displays all again.

Any suggestions?