contact syncing

iamloco724

Reaction score
my gf is getting the droid 3 now shes coming from tmobile and has had android phones

in her gmail account she has over 4000 contacts but we dont want all them to sync to her contacts in her phone..theres alot maybe 100 max that are actual phone contacts

how can i have it not sync those 4000 and set it up to sync a separate contact set in gmail or even if i cant do that just make sure the 4000 doesnt sync?

senate9690

Reaction score
You can do this a few different ways... the one i suggest is to create a group in google contacts called "Phone" or something and add the contacts you want to be displayed. Next sync all the contacts to the phone. Then open contacts on the phone and click display options from there pick the google account and unselect all except the "Phone" group. That should suffice

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
You can do this a few different ways... the one i suggest is to create a group in google contacts called "Phone" or something and add the contacts you want to be displayed. Next sync all the contacts to the phone. Then open contacts on the phone and click display options from there pick the google account and unselect all except the "Phone" group. That should suffice

so with that way still have to sync everything just change what it displays

militant

Reaction score

so with that way still have to sync everything just change what it displays

Yes, when I sync'd it added all 570 of my facebook contacts as well, which was annoying to say the least. I just went into display options and unchecked all but ones I actually had as phonebook contacts.