contact syncing

thekid

Reaction score
help on syncing contacts from facebook? like the picture as contact ID?
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

technogeek00

Reaction score
On the Droid 3 I have been having a problem with syncing photos to my contacts from Facebook. Here are the only steps I know work:

I updated my Facebook application from the market to the newest 1.6.1, but the Sync Contacts option has mysteriously disappeared.

So in order to sync your contacts with Facebook data you will have to go to accounts under system settings and add the Facebook account there. Make sure you are adding the built-in account and not the application account. The built in one will ask for your credentials and then say something about adding it to your social networking and messaging after the credentials verify.

Now if you go to your contacts you will see it has imported everyone, to show only the contacts you have on your google account or w/e, push the menu key -> display options and then select the facebook account and disable "All Contacts". This should hide everyone that was not on your phone before but should keep the contact pictures. From my experience it is a real hit and miss for the pictures and information to be added, even if what you have already matches their profiles perfectly.

Hope that helps a little, I know I got a little wordy there haha.

EDIT: Looks like the data syncs, but the pictures may not.

Heelfan71

Reaction score
Google took out syncing Facebook contacts. Google it to see why. Try "syncmypix" in the market (free). It will sync the profile pictures.