Contact Setting Question

nathan.e

Reaction score
so i have a question about the favorite bar and some of the settings.

When i clicked on one of my favorite bar contacts to send a text message it would give me the option to pick any of the numbers to send a message to, so i got tired of always clicking on the mobile number so i checked the box to remember my selection. great idea right..... wrong. apparently that remembers that selection for calling as well. so now when i select that contact to make a phone call it automatically calls their cell phone. does anyone know how i can change that back?

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I just messed around with this a bit on my Droid1. Unfortunately there is no way to remove the default tag on a number, you can only make a different number a default.

The workaround to this is to delete the number that is currently set to default and then readd that number (just the number, not the whole contact). That will remove the default tag and be back to asking you to choose.

OP
N

nathan.e

Reaction score
boy don't i feel like an idiot now.

thank you. that did exactly what i was trying to do and was much simpler then trying to find some setting that might not exsist.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
boy don't i feel like an idiot now.

thank you. that did exactly what i was trying to do and was much simpler then trying to find some setting that might not exsist.

Don't feel like an idiot. How it should work is you should be able to long press on a default number and unselect it.

Now if you that's how it worked and you didn't figure it out, then maybe you can call yourself an idiot. :) jk