1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contact Ringtones

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by king72a, Jun 14, 2012.

1. king72a

king72a New Member

A co-worker just got the Maxx and is having problems setting ringtones for individual contacts. Some will take and others stay on default. I read somewhere else to try moving any downloaded ringtones to the ringtones folder but I can't find it. It should be buried under the media folder in the root directory. Anyone know a fix or work around?
  2. chhare

chhare Member

I don't recall where I read this, but try this. If you have the downloaded ringtones in your general music folder, play the "song" and while it is playing click the menu key. There is a choice to create a ringtone. Select that, and it puts the ringtone in its proper folder. I am not sure of the workings of this, but it worked for me as I had numerous ringtones for specific contacts on my previous phone and this work-around got them all back for my Maxx. Good luck.
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If you can't find a ringtones folder, create one in media... I save all of mine to the SD card.. works fine

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
Search tags for this page
cannot set contact ringtone in razr maxx

droid razr maxx contact ringtones

how to set a ringtone for droid razr

how to set a song on a razor m as a ringtone
how to set contact ringtones on droid razr m
issues with setting contact ringtone on motorola droid razor
razr maxx setting specific ringtone
ringtones don't stay set android razor
setting individual ringtones razr maxx