Contact Ringtones

Lindsie26

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my contact personal ringtones. I have multiple contacts that I would like to have personal ringtones. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, typically it doesn’t!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled just about every app that has anything to do with ringtones. Somebody help me please!!!

OP
L

Lindsie26

Reaction score
Just in the edit part of the contact information.

biodroid

Reaction score
urgh! What about when you click on the tone can you apply it to contacts

pool_shark

Reaction score
It just happens sometimes. The assigned ringtones don't always ring even though they are correctly assigned. It happened on my D2 also.

annye

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem except that now, when someone with an added ringtone calls, my phone doesn't ring at all. I don't know whether to change everyone's ringtones back or do the dreaded factory reset. Help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

biodroid

Reaction score
oh jeez, I don't think you need to factory reset over some ringtones... Try changing it to a different one

igknight

Reaction score
Ive had issues where my custom ringtones were wiped or changed to ones that came on my phone. Got so sick of it I moved my custom sounds to the phone instead of my SD card, solved all my problems.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ive had issues where my custom ringtones were wiped or changed to ones that came on my phone. Got so sick of it I moved my custom sounds to the phone instead of my SD card, solved all my problems.
This...by far the best answer/fix for ringtone problems!

Open the SD Card--->System--->Media--->Audio--->Ringtones/Alarms/Alerts/Notifications<---dump your custom ringtones in the applicable folder...should have no more ringtone issues.:)

king72a

Reaction score
A co-worker just got the Maxx and is having problems setting ringtones for individual contacts. Some will take and others stay on default. I read somewhere else to try moving any downloaded ringtones to the ringtones folder but I can't find it. It should be buried under the media folder in the root directory. Anyone know a fix or work around?

chhare

Reaction score
I don't recall where I read this, but try this. If you have the downloaded ringtones in your general music folder, play the "song" and while it is playing click the menu key. There is a choice to create a ringtone. Select that, and it puts the ringtone in its proper folder. I am not sure of the workings of this, but it worked for me as I had numerous ringtones for specific contacts on my previous phone and this work-around got them all back for my Maxx. Good luck.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you can't find a ringtones folder, create one in media... I save all of mine to the SD card.. works fine

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!