Contact Picture

mwast4

Reaction score
This really isn't a big problem or anything just a little annoyance I noticed with my droid 2. I downloaded the facebook app and it added all my friends to my contact list and transferred their pictures. But I have noticed that even when myself or a friend change their default picture on facebook my droid does not change the picture on my contact list. There is probably some quick solution, I just haven't been able to find it. Any thoughts?

Fera6037

Reaction score
i have the same problem, people change their profile picture on facebook but my droid 2 still has the picture they had when i first got my phone. it doesnt update, which is very annoying. any fixes?

klyn42

Reaction score
When I updated my photo I found that mine changed is some places and not others...very strange. Also hoping for a fix...

harlock

Reaction score
I too have noticed this facebook/avatar/contacts/messaging issue - Moto DROID.

The worst is not having my own avatar show up at all. The only solution I have read so far is to create a contact for yourself now called ME & and add an avatar there. Very lame, considering FB/CONTACT avatars updated smoothly & without issues before the 2.2 update.

You guys helped point out to me that my contacts' avatars are iffy too.

Fera6037

Reaction score
has anyone found a fix for the contact picture syncing? more and more of my friends are changing facebook profile pictures and it just wont update on my phone, its annoying having old pictures for my contacts. does anyone have a fix for this yet? a way to update or re sync the facebook contact pictures?

maybe someone try removing their facebook account and re adding it to see if it re syncs their contact pictures?

EDIT: i just found out that my incoming calls picture shows up correct. For example, one of my friends that told me his facebook profile picture was different than the one that was set as his contact picture in my phone called me earlier tonight, his picture that came up on the incoming call screen was updated, the latest profile picture he has set, so i then go back to my contacts/texts to check, thinking that it finally updated.. and nope, its still the same old contact picture from a week ago. i dont know how it only updates for the incoming call but wont update anywhere else??

Last edited:

Gothamcity_13

Reaction score
Contact Picture Fix

I did this for my Droid 2 and it worked. Go into your Setting > Accounts, remove your facebook account. Then re-add it. It takes about 10 minutes, but all the pictures will be updated.

dancedroid

gh0ul

Reaction score
I did this for my Droid 2 and it worked. Go into your Setting > Accounts, remove your facebook account. Then re-add it. It takes about 10 minutes, but all the pictures will be updated.

dancedroid

that works...but if you linked contact numbers with Facebook people, you have to link them all over again..:icon_eek:

Rosepetal

Reaction score
The only fix is to delete facebook and add. There isn't a syn button like with aol and gmail?

danwanna

Reaction score
I gave up fighting with the Facebook app for now and downloaded SyncMyPix from the market. Someone on here recommended that in another thread and it has been working great for me.

It takes a couple minutes to run and you can either set it to manual or have it run on a schedule.

Rosepetal

Reaction score
Thanks danwanna I dowloaded that app as well and found it tells me it can't find some contacts! Even though they are clearly on my phone. Ialso changed my profile picture did the sync on that app and it didn't change. Any thoughts?