Contact pics

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Tarster, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Tarster

Tarster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I am having problems with my contact pictures from facebook not syncing or staying, I have facebook sync all contacts and I can't get them to stay..

First they didn't appear, (were there on 5.1 and before) now on 5.2 they don't show, after my phone was on for about 3 days a handful showed up, I restarted my phone this morning and they all disapeared again.

Not sure what's going on.

2. THAWARRIOR10

THAWARRIOR10 Member

Ratings:
    +0

yeah i'm having the same problem too.....is there a fix anyone? thanks

3. Tarster

Tarster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just fixed this one on my phone, ran the fix permissions and it ran for about 15 minutes straight.. It didnt end up finishing... Kinda wierd

I hit the home key from the chevy tools screen, then I rebooted my phone.
    looked in facebook for if it had synced the contacts, it was set back to (dont sync) So i hit sync and it seems to be working perfectly fine agian...

4. sazerac

sazerac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if it will help you guys or not, but I also had this problem and here's what I did. I loaded facebook, then went to my friends list. I waited for all the pics to load (took a few minutes), and then they seemed to sync with my contacts.

There is an issue with 5.2 that Chevy is aware of (I believe it will be fixed for next version), where fix permissions will need to be backed out of manually (ie, home or back button). I have had FP go to completion once out of the times that I have run the script. I am not sure if FP does its thing if it needs to be manually backed out of. Anyone know that answer?

5. devator22

devator22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the first question, google announced that facebook will no longer be able to sync with your contacts because they do not follow Google's convention for syncing. So its nothing Chevy did, but as of 2.3.3 there's no more fb syncing in contacts until fb fixes the way their app syncs.

As for the second question, yes, it does work. I let it run five to seven minutes, then back out and reboot. Its the same thing rom manager does, so if you want a precise time to let it go run rm's fix permissions, time it, and then you know about how long to let chevy's fp run. I know it works because it fixes problems that were previously only fixable with rm.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. Tarster

Tarster Member

Ratings:
    +0

If this is true, why does my phone now sync all the contacts with pictures from facebook after a fix permissions? the way your saying it is that in this last version of 5.2 we shouldnt be able to sync any contacts.. and that aint true.

7. RoyR80

RoyR80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's likely the shared problem is this: FB is installed on SDcard.
    If so ,the problem is that your SDcard is laoded anfter your sytem files. FB doesn't play nice when on the SDcard. Move to phone, set your settings to sync. fix permissions, reboot. dancedroid

if your sync'ing and your contacts dont link, u may need to "join" them, or chose to use the FB pic. (these settings are accessed via contacts/"ur peep"/edit/(them menu key to "join") or scrool to the bottom and long press the FB pic/icon and select "use this photo"

8. devator22

devator22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you still have pics, it is likely a remnant of an earlier release, assuming you upgraded to 5.2 without wiping? All I know is that Google made that announcement when 2.3.3 was released. It says Nexus S only, but that is because nexus s is the currently the only officially supported phone with 2.3.3. CM7 is built from the Nexus S AOSP files which have been ported to work on the D1, which Chevy has then built upon to make his awesome ROM...
    Google Disables Facebook Contact Sync in Android 2.3.3 (Nexus S Only, for now)

*Edit: Unless Chevy has removed this code in SS5.2

9. Tarster

Tarster Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hmm well that would be the case, but I have been having some stability issues with the 5.2 install, So no I do not have any remenemts of an older install left on this phone, I triple wiped the cache / factory reset in CW.... But thanks for copy and paste regurgitation of something that is not the problem. I would assume chevy has commented this out of his code just like the data throttling which is included in the 5.2 rom but yet he also said its commented out.

A fix permissions and reboot was all that was needed to fix this problem, Nothing google or facebook sided at all.