Contact photo question.

shrekfx

Reaction score
Have a quick question with contact photos. I'm running liberty 1.5. Also using handcent for the texting app. I sync up my contacts from Google and Facebook and pulls photos just fine. But using the Widgets from liberty for quick access to call/text it wont show the photo just the Droid dude. Now when I go into the contacts there is no pick for the gmail accounts but there is for the Facebook. Is there an option to use the Facebook photos as the default for my contacts?

Sent from my DX Liberty 1.5

OP
S

shrekfx

Reaction score
Here is a photo of the Widgets. The ones with pics are selected pics. The ones without do have a Facebook pic into the contacts but not for the gmail part.

d06b611f-aaac-f528.jpg

patelhj1

Reaction score
I have done the exact same thing but for some reason my picture from facebook didnt carry over... anyone know how to fix this? im currently running the liberty v1.5 rom and enjoy it.. really new to rooting and appreciate the help!

Smashie

Reaction score
Have a quick question with contact photos. I'm running liberty 1.5. Also using handcent for the texting app. I sync up my contacts from Google and Facebook and pulls photos just fine. But using the Widgets from liberty for quick access to call/text it wont show the photo just the Droid dude. Now when I go into the contacts there is no pick for the gmail accounts but there is for the Facebook. Is there an option to use the Facebook photos as the default for my contacts?

Did you go to your Contacts>Edit>scroll down to fb pic and click it>Use this photo>save

OP
S

shrekfx

Reaction score

Did you go to your Contacts>Edit>scroll down to fb pic and click it>Use this photo>save

Awesome. Thanks. I've been messing with this for a week. Life saver.

Smashie

Reaction score

Awesome. Thanks. I've been messing with this for a week. Life saver.

You're welcome! Glad to help.

patelhj1

Reaction score
still waiting on reply guys.. I dont know why but none of my picture from FACEBOOK got carried over to my contact picture... someone please let me know how to fix this so i can begin enjoying liberty v1.5 :)

Smashie

Reaction score
still waiting on reply guys.. I dont know why but none of my picture from FACEBOOK got carried over to my contact picture... someone please let me know how to fix this so i can begin enjoying liberty v1.5 :)

None of your contacts pictures at all or just the ones on shortcut contact widget?

To sync your facebook pictures, go to the market, download the Facebook app, and when you open it, it should ask you about sycning your contacts. If you missed somehow after initial install, just go to fb>settings>scroll down to Sync Contacts ..there you will have the option to sync all, Sync with Existing Contacts or Remove Facebook Data.

If you are just talking about the shortcut contact widget, I already answered this in an earlier post.

Last edited:

patelhj1

Reaction score
@smashie: really helped... i wasn't able to do anything under Facebook but refresh... then found out that i have to be Facebook screen selection and then hit the menu button and setting would come... thanks for the help +1

OP
S

shrekfx

Reaction score
Ya. Again thanks a lot. A long pressed and tried everything but the Facebook pic. Here is a quick question on this. If some one up dates their Facebook pic does it update the contact pic auto or would I have to manually do it?

patelhj1

Reaction score
I can answer this one either u can set it to auto sync by going to Settings > Accounts > check Auto Sync ... or you can open the Facebook app > Settings > Sync Contacts to to sync the contacts .. or u can just wait if u have auto sync checked and it should do it depending on what intervals you have ur syncs at

Smashie

Reaction score
Ya. Again thanks a lot. A long pressed and tried everything but the Facebook pic. Here is a quick question on this. If some one up dates their Facebook pic does it update the contact pic auto or would I have to manually do it?

The contacts will autosync in the contacts app, just like patelhj1 stated, but I just put the shortcut widget on my home screen earlier today and noticed that the picture didn't update like it did in the contacts. I dont' know if that's common or what since I just used the shortcut widget for a contact for first time ever. I've been wanting a Sense-like people widget that had a few of the contacts on but cant seem to find one that uses the fb pic. so I just use my "favorite" list in contacts for a short cut.

OP
S

shrekfx

Reaction score
Ok. I know it will change in the contacts. But not sure about the shortcut widget.