Contact photo issues...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get their contact photos, synced from Facebook, onto Launcher Pro People Widget?

I managed to get the syncing fixed so all contact's photo would be synced to my contact to put a face to the name. I can see their photos through the regular android contact. Even the Contact Quick Task widget. But, for some reason, I have never been able to get Launcher Pro's People Widget (Contact Widget) to show contact photos.

It doesn't seem to have any options in the Launcher Pro settings to configure this. Yet, I've seen people use Launcher Pro and also use the contact widget and I saw pictures on their LP People Widget.

I've been having this trouble since Liberty 1.5, Liberty 2.0, Liberty 2.0.1 and still on Liberty Gingerbread.

Any tips would be helpful as to why the widget won't update the synced contact photos.

fragdrum

Reaction score
I have had Launcher Pro Plus since I was on my original Droid, and I had the same issue on it using JRummy's ROMs (Kangerade, etc) and Ultimate Droid, and on my Droid 2 using Squidly's ROM, Apex, and Liberty. I believe the issue is due to the Facebook picture not being saved as the actual Android contact picture. Android links the Facebook contact with the Android contact and shows the picture for them, but if you unlink the Facebook and Android contacts there's no picture for the Facebook contact. The only picture I have on my Launcher Pro People Widget is for my house phone number, because I have that listed under my own name and is linked through my Trillian account, which seems to set the profile picture differently than Facebook does.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah, the only picture showing up is my picture from my number (voicemail). Every other contact is a blank white no contact picture. I believe I selected a picture myself for my number. There has to be a way to fix it. I've seen other people use this widget by launcher pro and have contact pictures. Its odd.